SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    GunMag Warehouse -- Refund Issued
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GunMag Warehouse -- Refund Issued Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Several people told me that the Kimber Micro 9 8-round magazine fits the P938 unaltered. Thinking this might be enough to cause me to re-think selling my SIG, I thought I'd give one a try. I was told GunMag Warehouse had the lowest price, and visiting their site proved this to be the case. So, on March 1, I placed an online order for one.

I received a reply saying that the company was moving to Texas, and shipments would be delayed "3 to 4 days." Okay, I was in no hurry, so I didn't mind. On March 10, I received an email stating the magazine had shipped and included a USPS tracking number. I knew I was leaving on vacation, so I had it shipped to my office, where if a signature was needed, someone would be there. I then went on vacation.

Returning on the 15th (and now the Coronavirus hostage situation had started), I went to my office, expecting to find a parcel on my desk. Or at least in the mailbox, if no one had emptied. But no, zilch. Nada. I returned home, looked up the tracking number and learned that the USPS had delivered it on March 13. To a city and zip code I had never heard of.

I contacted GunMag Warehouse by email (I'm working on the phone all day, every week day, so it was the easiest method). On March 18, I received an email reply from a CSR, who asked me to confirm the shipping address, and that a USPS parcel track would be placed. I did as requested.

Since then, I've heard nothing. I sent a follow-up email this past Tuesday (March 24) asking for a status report on my issue, or a refund. One minute later, I received an auto-response saying a rep would contact me. Since then, nothing.

I used a debit card to buy the magazine. It's a VISA, issued from my bank, and I know them and they know me. I can likely get my money back, but that will come from the bank and not GunMag Warehouse. I don't want to put my bank on the hook (it's not a terribly great amount of course, so I can take the loss), but I'd like to get some satisfaction from GunMag Warehouse. Right now, the only thing I can think to do is to start giving them negative reviews on social media.

I'm irked. It's not the end of the world (yet), but this is really just a poor way to run a business. Online doesn't mean having to be "sheltered in place" due to a virus.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fpuhan,

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry you've run into this crap. But please consider the advice always given to never ever use a debit card for other than ATM transactions!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Thread title maybe a teensy bit misleading? Unless Gun Mag Warehouse screwed up the address on the shipping label, it is USPS that is at fault.

Maybe call Gun Mag Warehouse? Tell them that you're still waiting for the promised follow-up?

I had heard the same thing, Kimber Micro 9 magazines would work in SIG P938, so I ordered one from Gun Mag Warehouse.

They took the order, informed me that it might take a little extra time as they were relocating to Texas.

I did receive the magazine, it seems to fit the P938, drops free with the magazine release button, as it should.

I have not tried it in real action yet, the gun club directors do not seem to be able to make up their minds whether the club, all outdoor ranges, should be open for members' use, or closed because virus, so I have not had any range time recently. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had any issues with GunMag myself. They do not seem to be a ripoff type of company. I do not blame you however for being upset.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I have not had any issues with GunMag myself. They do not seem to be a ripoff type of company. I do not blame you however for being upset.

Same here...a bunch of orders with zero issues...bald1’s advice is golden for if and when issues arise for what ever reason. I do wonder if it might be related to their move?...I’ll let y’all know...I ordered some AR mags that showed shipped this morning if I have issues.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nine days ago? Things have been a bit up in the air since then, wouldn't you say? Not business as usual. Edit your subject line to more accurately reflect the issue, please.

Remember, when you post stuff like this, you can affect the livelihood of a business. Times are bad enough right now.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Same here...a bunch of orders with zero issues...bald1’s advice is golden for if and when issues arise for what ever reason. I do wonder if it might be related to their move?...I’ll let y’all know...I ordered some AR mags that showed shipped this morning if I have issues.

Same here, no problems, other than excessive emails.

The debit card information is outdated for the most part nowadays. Most banks offer the same protection as CCs. Check with your individual banks, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
Ive used them in the past. Never had any issues. Theyre moving warehouses AND in the middle of coronavirous related hysteria, AND you changed the address you wanted it shipped to? Yeah...

Posts: 4455 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used them a lot. Never a problem.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've placed at least 10 orders from Gunmag Warehouse with no issues. I'm guessing they'll take care of it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Remember, when you post stuff like this, you can affect the livelihood of a business. Times are bad enough right now.

Amen...things are different lately...I tracked an M7 bayonet that was almost a week late...it arrived and I promptly cut myself Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received two mags from them. No problem

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:

you changed the address you wanted it shipped to?
I went back and re-read the gripe carefully. I do not see any place where he (assumption, could be “she”) says that he initiated a change of address.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from Gunmag Warehouse a number of times. In most cases, shipping has been quite prompt, no issues. I've had some very good deals from them.

Given that they're moving in a time when shipping is a real crap shoot, and given that it's only been a few days, and given that they just moved, and given that the order error could fall on multiple causes or sources, were it me, I'd give them a call.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Ive used them in the past. Never had any issues. Theyre moving warehouses AND in the middle of coronavirous related hysteria, AND you changed the address you wanted it shipped to? Yeah...

Moving warehouse. They told me that, check.
Coronavirus. Not then, but now. Check.
Changed address? No. My original shipping address was then, and still is, my office address.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Change your debt card number NOW. A google search of them shows how loose their security is. I myself have noticed fraud after ordering from them several times.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I've used GunMag warehouse and have no complaints. Even though I haven't ordered from them in a few months they still took the time to email me about their move and that their order processing will slow down some. I appreciated that.

Like Para said, these are trying times right now and my regular USPS mail service has slowed down considerably as a result and it sounds like your issue is with the USPS, anyway.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
I've used GunMag warehouse and have no complaints. Even though I haven't ordered from them in a few months they still took the time to email me about their move and that their order processing will slow down some. I appreciated that.

Like Para said, these are trying times right now and my regular USPS mail service has slowed down considerably as a result and it sounds like your issue is with the USPS, anyway.

USPS will trace a shipment, but not on behalf of the recipient. The tracking number I have shows it was delivered, and according to the USPS, that's that. Only GunMag Warehouse knows the shipping address I gave them.

This morning I emailed them again, and didn't even get an auto-response.

No, my complaint is not against the USPS, it's directly with GunMag Warehouse. Even in these trying times, online businesses should be minimally affected. I work in the tech field and while I've been working at home, for me it's business as usual. If I get a query from a customer, I'm on it right away. Even on the weekends, when I'm not officially on the clock. There's a saying I learned decades ago that I apply to my business approach: The customer may not always be right, but the customer is ALWAYS the customer.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've bought my extra magazines there for years and they had the best price and service. Never a problem.
Maybe this is due to the present craziness.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I placed an order with them a week ago and haven't heard anything since. I would have assumed it would have at least shipped by now.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post