SIGforum
Which College home court is the worst snake pit in the USA

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/1500078634

January 27, 2018, 09:51 PM
markstempski
Which College home court is the worst snake pit in the USA
I was going to set this up as a poll,but there would be too many choices to list. I will offer what I think is and has been for a long time the worst snakepit in which to play College Basketball. It is McKale center at the University of Arizona. The Cats were playing Utah today and the whistles would not blow against the cats nor could they be called for traveling or for the ever popular jump into the defender ploy that Lute Olson former head coach trained into his players as an art form. The Arizona players dispute every call against them with the refs and Sean (I sweat through my shirt every game) Miller the only person dumb enough to hire Lorenzo Romar, just about cries on the few occasions that his guys are called for anything. The home court is worth at least 10 points so if the cats win by less than that it should be a loss. Only one National Championship for the Cats Guess life is different when having to play 5 on 5 and not 8 on 5 that they enjoy at home. What are some other places? Cameron Indoor, for sure. The Zags Kennel, Madison Square Garden though not a dedicated court
January 28, 2018, 01:15 AM
Gustofer
Carrier Dome.

January 28, 2018, 04:30 PM
fatmanspencer
Auburn as a place.

Used guns deserve a home too
January 28, 2018, 06:50 PM
sig77
Allen Field House - beware of the phog.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.
January 28, 2018, 07:10 PM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
Cameron Indoor, for sure.

It's always been that way. I was a "Cameron Crazy" before it was even called the "Cameron Indoor Stadium". When I was a student, it was simply the "Indoor Stadium", as Eddie Cameron was still alive and the AD at Duke. The intensity and closeness of that place, and the overwhelming population of students makes it what it is. Even in 1965, we lined up many yards to get in. Back then, we got to see Lew Alcindor play.

January 28, 2018, 07:59 PM
barndg00
Duke/Cameron has a low ceiling, and (smartly, in my opinion) lines several rows by the court with students. These fanatics standing the whole game force the rest of the crowd to do the same, and yell, and generally go nuts for their team. It is a vicious environment that epitomizes the "6th man" mantra. I say this as a Demon Deacon, wishing we had an environment that was remotely close to that...
February 04, 2018, 10:26 PM
qcsmitty
I’m a Tobacco Road boy.
Cameron, no question.

February 04, 2018, 10:40 PM
tatortodd
Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on the campus of Indiana University. No matter the Hosers W-L record, it's a tough place for my Boilermakers to travel to and come away with a win.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
February 05, 2018, 10:13 AM
HRK
Rupp Arena, 24,000 loud screaming fans,

February 05, 2018, 05:04 PM
TMats
quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
I was going to set this up as a poll,but there would be too many choices to list. I will offer what I think is and has been for a long time the worst snakepit in which to play College Basketball. It is McKale center at the University of Arizona. The Cats were playing Utah today and the whistles would not blow against the cats nor could they be called for traveling or for the ever popular jump into the defender ploy that Lute Olson former head coach trained into his players as an art form. The Arizona players dispute every call against them with the refs and Sean (I sweat through my shirt every game) Miller the only person dumb enough to hire Lorenzo Romar, just about cries on the few occasions that his guys are called for anything. The home court is worth at least 10 points so if the cats win by less than that it should be a loss. Only one National Championship for the Cats Guess life is different when having to play 5 on 5 and not 8 on 5 that they enjoy at home. What are some other places? Cameron Indoor, for sure. The Zags Kennel, Madison Square Garden though not a dedicated court

Pobrecito

Go Cats, Bear Down

Oh, I saw the game