SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS Tracking
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Tracking Login/Join 
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Your packages are stuck on pallets still on the dock, because they haven't gotten to them yet. Our dispatch guy showed me a picture from a few days ago of trucks lined up for over a mile just to get into the processing facility. They had forklifts going out to the trucks rather than having them all dock. He said the last truck was probably going to sit there for about 4 hours before they got to it. At some point they have to stop and dispatch what they've worked to the various Post Offices to actually be delivered.

As a carrier I can tell you, I stop ordering stuff in November, and I won't order or ship anything until the 2nd week of January. Not that I order that much of anything anyway.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
SevenPlusOne - a serious question. I read a news story about a line of trucks waiting in Cleveland just like what you describe in OK. My deliveries are all running extremely long as I'm sure most of the country is.

How can the post office charge for "Priority" mail 3 day service and not deliver it for 10 - 14 days and not issue a refund? I bought something from SigForum on 12/09 and it was shipped on 12/10 via "Priority" mail from Maryland; which is about an 8 hour drive away. It's been 9 days and the item still shows as in transit.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I ordered stuff from further away on the 9th that made it here in 3 days.
One from California and one from New York.

A package making it to Atlanta then being sent back to Texas where I ordered it is lunacy.
No, it's incompetence.
Search What's Your Deal for just how many times I've scolded the USPS for5 this blatant incompetence.

Tell me again how these clowns managed to handle MAIL IN BALLOTS!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I have a package that was ordered on the 15th, and it has now been to my local post office three times in two days, and sent to another, 100 miles away twice, where it now languishes. Should have been here yesterday, but...now it's scheduled to be delivered on the 22nd. SMH, we should get miles for this stuff, I could fly to Australia, if there were flights that is.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
quote:
I mailed out a package this afternoon, USPS 2 day Priority to location cross country.

I asked the Postal clerk when the package would be delivered. She said: "Monday".

I said: "this month or next month".

She was not amused.

Update....Well, according to the Post Office, my 2 day Priority Parcel delivery is scheduled for today.

So, I go on line to track the package and USPS informs me that delivery will be late.

Which means: "We don't know where it is".

Still in transit. Damn near a week in transit. USPS tracking doesn't even bother to tell me where the package is. I guess they don't even know.

My package made it to Pennsylvania and got delivered. 9 days travel time from AZ to Pa. Not bad for 2 day Priority shipping,eh?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
My nightmare is still on going from 1 December.
Part order from Georgia to Pennsylvania.
First jumped down to Florida.
Then travel West to California. After a few days then to New Jersey . Then crossing over to Philadelphia. Then after a week to the Lehigh Valley and I got my hopes up thinking it was almost here. Then it goes back to New Jersey for a few days and back to Philadelphia. Then another pause for a few days and now it’s going to Pittsburg Pennsylvania. I’ve given up hope at this point . Luckily the parts dealer sent me a new package of parts but it’s still sad to watch it’s travel everywhere across the country. 2 nd class USPS.
They ask me to just return the parts to them if they ever arrive.

Last year ordered some parts two hour drive from me and when it shipped it went to Wisconsin for a month. Then out of the blue to slowly started move back to me .

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
TNW firearms in Oregon mailed me a conversion kit on Dec9th... it got to Portland on the 10th and so far that is where it still is according do the USPS... I ordered a large Box of screws through Amazon on Dec, 1st and the company selling them mailed them on the 2nd.. it got here to my town on the 3rd and that is as far as it has gotten....

this all started back in the summer when the company (CCR?) up in Tenn. shipped the P230 I bought on the auction here to my FFL... it got here the next day and then the post office sent it to Pittsburg and the package with the pistol and 8 magazines bounced between facilities up there for three days.... then finally made it back here and to my FFL.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The wife does eBay, and many of the packages are taking ridiculously circuitous routes to get to where they’re supposed to go and taking FOREVER. One package bound for Ohio went to the Miami FL area and sat there for days.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The wife does eBay, and many of the packages are taking ridiculously circuitous routes to get to where they’re supposed to go and taking FOREVER. One package bound for Ohio went to the Miami FL area and sat there for days.

Bought a knife for my son for Christmas on Ebay on Nov 24. Said nothing in the ad about it coming from China. Tracking now says Dec 25, yeah, right. Can't wait to screw up that guy's 100% feedback.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how tracked packages are handled by the Postal Service? I assume there must be some sort of automation—?

I understand backlogs and packages sitting at one location for extended periods for processing, but what about the ones that are misrouted, and especially, like the one I posted above, are shown as bouncing back and forth to the same facility? I’m curious how that happens. Do they just get put on the wrong truck and then someone says, “Oops; not this one,” and back it goes?

I have a funny address that confuses carriers and sometimes the final delivery is in error, but it doesn’t seem like UPS and FedEx have the same problems with packages being grossly misrouted, at least not as often as the USPS.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The USPS just needs to be de-unionized and remove the pensions for a pay into it themselves system.

An incentive to do their goddammed job like the rest of us.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
You would think that USPS would have forseen this coming and hired more people in late September and early October to deal with this...

The volume thing is just a shitty excuse. Amazon seems to have their shit figured out when it comes to deliveries.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monday I shipped 2 USPS Priority Mail packages to Texas and Illinois from the Seattle area. They were delivered to Texas on Wednesday and Illinois on Thursday.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
How can the post office charge for "Priority" mail 3 day service and not deliver it for 10 - 14 days and not issue a refund? I bought something from SigForum on 12/09 and it was shipped on 12/10 via "Priority" mail from Maryland; which is about an 8 hour drive away. It's been 9 days and the item still shows as in transit.

It's all marketing, tracking packages actually slows them down. Basically everything is tracked now. Express mail is the only service guaranteed in a given amount of time. When we got the new Postmaster General, they started not waiting for anything, it was "oh well it didn't make it", 2 minutes late for the truck? oh well. Years ago, if I took the time to look at the packages (ya know, put them in some kind of order) as I loaded my truck, that was a "time wasting practice", now I'm required to scan each thing into my truck and my scanner tells me which "Section" it goes to. So, when I argued that this was a time wasting practice, I just got a blank stare. Even though it does take much longer to load my vehicle in the morning.
I'm guessing that reduced flights (Priority mail goes on Fedex Aircraft) means that they have to play ping-pong trying to get it to the right wheel, so it will go down the right spoke. I've had people who live on my route mail letters, to people on my route, I don't pull it out and case it up, it goes in the outgoing, still takes a day or two, just because it's 1/2 mail away doesn't mean anything. It's about micromanagement.

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, priority mail delivery time is NOT guaranteed.

My latest First Class package (some P226 grips) took 12 days to get here and one inquiry to the post office...sigh. At least they finally showed up.

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
You would think that USPS would have forseen this coming and hired more people in late September and early October to deal with this...

The volume thing is just a shitty excuse. Amazon seems to have their shit figured out when it comes to deliveries.

No offence but you never worked Christmas did you? It's an order of magnitude greater, and it's not about entirely about force strength, you can only process so much in a given amount of time before the trucks have to dispatch. I've never worked at the plant, but I can tell you on a route it's not like "Jeez, a lot of parcels today", it's "How the hell am I supposed to fit all this in there?" you'll run parcels out first just so you can get to the regular mail.
We get Amazons overflow, so if they have too much, they dump it on the Post Office. UPS does the same thing.

posted Hide Post
Ordered some Glock trigger bars from the Glock Store in San Diego the week before Thanksgiving. They shipped USPS on 11/23, somehow ended up in Memphis, where they sat for over 2 weeks, and finally arrived here in Oregon almost a month later. Kudos to the Glock Store who had issued a replacement order, assuming the package had been lost in Memphis, until I notified them of today's arrival.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
We get Amazons overflow, so if they have too much, they dump it on the Post Office. UPS does the same thing.

Not one item that I ordered online this month has shipped anything other than USPS.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Ordered a necklace for my wife’s birthday. It shipped December 1.

This item pretty much was shipped to every post office in South Dakota, for WEEKS, until it arrived at the Rapid City center where it arrived and has not moved.

I was finally refunded for the cost.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Article in todays paper reprinted from the Washington Post, "Millions of Christmas gifts may arrive late because of delays at Postal Service". It blames among other things, the 19,000 employees out sick or isolating due to Covid-19, the unprecedented volume of e-commerce orders and the "continuing fallout from a hobbled cost-cutting program launched by the postmaster general (I guess that's the compulsory "it's Trump's fault"). They go on to detail many of the crazy stories we have read here of mis-directed packages and mail. They also mention, that part of the problem is restrictions UPS and FedEx have placed on large volume shippers, causing them to have to switch to the postal service for their deliveries.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post