SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS Tracking
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Tracking Login/Join 
posted
Recently, I've experienced more problems with this. I know, it's the post office but I usually have better service. I have ordered three or four gun-related items this past week or so. The companies have all sent me a USPS tracking number. None have arrived on the predicted date. On that date, it usually says "arriving by 9pm" . I don't know about you but I haven't seen many mailmen in my neighborhood after dark. The next day it says it's been delayed but it's in transit. After that, it's a crapshoot as to when it will arrive. If they know they're going to have a problem, just tell the truth instead getting our expectations up. How about something like "probably sometime this week". I expect it's only going to get worse with the holidays.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The post office is totally screwed up these days. I had something on the way and tracking showed it arriving this past Monday. Well, it got to the local distribution center,(10 or so miles away) left there, went back there, left there again and back again before finally making it to my local PO and delivered today.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give them a break they are still disposing of Republican ballots.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not in today's(Saturday)mail either. Ordered Monday, was supposed to be here Thursday. Tracking says "arriving late". Tell me something I don't know.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'm happy enough with the speed, but the tracking is pretty pathetic.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Delete political joke here. Wink

Not unlike fedex. I finally received three magazines from a vendor. The vendor shipped promptly but the package got as far as Hutchins, TX (population 5,338) where it sat for 4+ days. No updates, no explanation.

Three "expected delivery" dates came and went. So the tracking number was worthless. The pony express would have been faster.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RANT ON

Now you've done it......riled me up about the post office again!!!

(1) 11/2 - had my FFL ship a handgun to Charlottesville, VA
(2) same day, discovered I took the wrong gun to be shipped (same model but wrong serial number, I had 2 for sale at the time). FFL said the gun was already picked up by the post office
(4) 11/2 - I input an "intercept" (via the post office web site) for the package to be returned to sender
(5) 11/4 - in transit
(6) 11/5 - arrived Richmond VA distribution center
(7) 11/5 - arrived Charlottesville, VA; arrived at unit

11/5 I called the post office in Charlottesville and actually talked to 2 very nice employees who said they would intercept the package and return to sender.

11/5 - tracking showed it was delivered and REFUSED by the addressee and was being returned to sender.

11/12 I called Charlottesville post office and talked to one of the same ladies and told her I had no new updates on the tracking and she said it may be 2 or more weeks to be processed back to sender.

11/12 - I received an email saying my intercept was unsuccessful and I wouldn't be charged and that the package was being delivered to the addressee. What the heck? On the 5th it was supposed to be processed back to sender? At this point I am a raving maniac!!!!

11/16 - I asked our post office about the return to sender procedures and there is one lady there that bends over backwards to help. She gave me a number to the post office Consumer Affairs and said they would get to the bottom of it.

11/19 - I called and left a message for Consumer Affairs. Later I received a call back and I was out so they left a message that someone would call me.

11/20 - Three different postal employees called me. The first one said it was delivered to the addressee. I told her it was NOT, that it had been refused on the 5th. She said she'd call back.

11/20 - I called the gun store that refused it and the very nice lady said that just the day before (19th), the delivery guy BROUGHT THE GUN BACK TO THEM and asked if he was really supposed to send it back to the sender!!!! So it sat "somewhere" from the 5th through the 19th. The gunshop lady (who was by this time a sister maniac of mine) told him to RETURN TO SENDER and he said, "oh, now I know what to do".

11/20 - Another postal worker called me and I relayed the whole story, that intercept failed and package was delivered and refused on the 5th and on the 19th the delivery guy still had the package and tried to deliver again and had been told to RETURN TO SENDER.

11/20 - Another postal worker called me in the evening and I filled him in and he said he would find the gun and get it going back and would call me back to let me know what they are doing.

You know, I had asked the other FFL to just repackage and mail the gun back to my FFL and I would pay them. They instead "refused" the gun which started this mad adventure. And so I sit and wait for my next call...or I'll have to call later next week...sigh!!!

It's been a bad month for me. I won't even go into the UPS package (a check for some land I sold) that was signature receipt and delivered to someone else's house, left at the front door in the rain and said delivered to me. By the time they got it to me it was dripping wet and when I opened it (in front of the guy) the ink on the check was totally washed off!!!! OHHHHH KAYYYYY, let's start over again...OMG

And today I got a letter from Social Security saying what my new payment for 2021 was going to be and they went back to my 2018 income again which makes my payments for PART B really high (based on 2018 income). I retired in 2019 and filed a form to adjust my income to the 2019 rate (per my tax return) and it was correctly adjusted by Social Security. Now, for 2021 it's like nothing ever happened and they are going back to 2018 again. I have to call SSN next week and really dread that!!!!!

RANT OFF

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee, I'm sorry I said anything that would remind you of all that. Kind of reminds me though of the ten months I just spent trying to get a $220 refund check from USAA.

Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
My favorite tracking message is something like: "Your package is making its way through the USPS system enroute to its destination". I have found that pretty much means they don't know where the hell it is.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I bought an iPhone from a guy in San Bernardino, CA the week before last. He shipped USPS Priority Mail. Took nine days to get to Phoenix. I can drive it in four hours. A few mos. ago I bought some guitar amp parts from a shop in Tempe, because it was free shipping. Took five days to get to me and took a 200 mile detour to Yuma on the way and then 200 miles back to Phoenix.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
All the shippers are having problems for a variety of reasons.
Much more volume than before.
Employees out due to Covid and claims of Covid.
Many employees/contractors have left due to Amazon and others doing their own delivery.
And a variety of other reasons.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I obviously have a learning disability. Friday, a week ago, I had to mail some paperwork to my son in the next state. I asked what was the best way to send it. She said if I mailed it first class, it would arrive Monday. Lets see, Friday to Monday, three days? That seemed hard to improve upon, so I sent it first class. As of today, it's been eight days and it still has not arrived. My fault. I should have asked, which Monday.

posted Hide Post
i ordered something earlier this last week, usps priority tracking wed/thurs said item would be delivered monday, item was delivered today.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A gun I purchased got to the local post office on 11/23 per tracking. No update from that point and no delivery. I called Wednesday and got the brush off and a comment that it would probably be delivered Friday. Nope, no delivery and no update on tracking other than the delivery will be late. The post office it's sitting at is 3 blocks from my FFL. So much for priority mail.

So now I have 2 handguns in never never land.

UPDATE: The gun that was in Lewisville since 11/23 was finally delivered TODAY (11/30). No one knows why it sat at the post office for a week before being delivered. At least I got it (a NIB P226 TACOPS....yippee).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: QB Too,

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QB Too:
A gun I purchased got to the local post office on 11/23 per tracking. No update from that point and no delivery. I called Wednesday and got the brush off and a comment that it would probably be delivered Friday. Nope, no delivery and no update on tracking other than the delivery will be late. The post office it's sitting at is 3 blocks from my FFL. So much for priority mail.

So now I have 2 handguns in never never land.

I ship a ton of firearms USPS w/o an issue, usually,

shipped a HK USC to a guy in NJ,, his idjit dealer thought the box was suspicious (supposedly) when it was delivered and called the post office,

postal inspectors came, opened, etc etc, no issues with the box or contents, but idjit insisted it be returned,

so, 3 weeks later, (you can drive there and back in a day) it finally arrives back at my shop, after zigzaging and being stuck in variious locations on the east coast,

dude that bought it was amazed that his dealer of choice was that way, and he ended up paying for us to ship it again, to another dealer, and it was shipped Registered, (vs priority) ,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My fault. I should have asked, which Monday

Or better the month and the year.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think the system gave up a few days ago and was put in a loop.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my packages shipped from Phoenix to Tucson get a free two or three day vacation in Los Angeles before heading to Tucson.

I'm beginning to think they have friends and family in L.A.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I have one that is somewhere in NJ rights now. Shipped from Ohio Andy supposed to be coming to Virginia. It’s been to Richmond twice the back to NJ, where it’s been to almost every NJ distribution center now.

USPS sucks

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
My USPS rant is minor compared to you guys. My postman is very nice and reliable. He has been my postman for 20+ years. His wife is a clerk in the local PO. But he doesn't work 6 x 52, so substitutes run his route sometimes & that's where the fun starts. I get items from Amazon-USPS every week. Since the end of September, I have had 3 Amazon-USPS mailers returned to the sender.

Shipping history, short version: package gets to my local PO and out for delivery. Says addressee has moved , put out for delivery to the "new" address. Says addressee doesn't live there either. Package returned to shipper.

1st time, I just re-ordered. THE SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN TO THE RE-ORDER WITH THE SAME EXPLANATION. Third time I called the local PO, gave the clerk the tracking # and got blown off "It'll be there tomorrow. Put your name on the box". Yeah, whatever. Boy, my regular postman was pissed when I told him the story.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post