SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My tax rant
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My tax rant Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm all for a flat tax. The tax code just keeps getting added to and added to, but they never take away anything. But that will never happen because there's just too many people making money off of income tax preparation and etc.

What pisses me off is that around 51% of the population pays no tax at all.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

And guess how they vote.

Time to go back to having to work to vote. Or at least own property. Or maybe remove that "right" when you start taking public assistance.

Guess I wouldn't be voting, except I still sort of work. And I'm not stopping for how little I do and how much I get paid.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I'm all for a flat tax. The tax code just keeps getting added to and added to, but they never take away anything. But that will never happen because there's just too many people making money off of income tax preparation and etc.

When I rant about this it’s because I “hate the poor” or racism, etc. Roll Eyes Morons don’t know just how freakin poor I was growing up.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I certainly feel your frustration. I’m blessed to have a good income. I don’t mind paying my part but it’s very disheartening when I sit down and see interest on student loans, mortgage, and childcare that I can’t deduct while still paying a higher rate. The tax system is intentionally difficult to understand so only a portion of the population can take advantage of the discounts truly available to them.
I’ll be completing a solar installation this summer which will hopefully eliminate my wildly variable electric bill while also offering some tax incentive. Thankfully WV isn’t terrible with property tax etc but it’s far from the best.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post