SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When to use “I” and when to use “me.”
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When to use “I” and when to use “me.” Login/Join 
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
But... but... using “I” as an object pronoun makes me sound all educated. It’s true. I hear it used that way on CNN!! I gives me gravitas!.
No one knows it better than I. Smile

Posts: 4186 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I was always told just remove the other person and that solves it.

The drill sergeant made Joe and I do pushups.

If you still get it wrong after that, you're beyond help.

Bingo,
This is how me was taught it, too. Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 6446 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Can't I just LIE here and not think about grammar? I'll just LAY around and do nothing.

Posts: 6734 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I seen this thread. I would of never known.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

“Did you hear about the statistician who recently drowned in an average of 5 feet of water?”

Posts: 6876 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sigfruend, you assume people know the difference between a subject and an object in a sentence.

But the shortcut can help even those people.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 47099 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Our brains is hurts now.

Posts: 10243 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Sigfruend, you assume people know the difference between a subject and an object in a sentence.

Therefore the shortcut and examples. Smile

“Without its tough spearmen, Hellenic culture would have had nothing to give the world. It would not have lasted long enough. When Greek culture became so sophisticated that its common men would no longer fight to the death, as at Thermopylae, but became devious and clever, a horde of Roman farm boys overran them.”
— T. R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

Posts: 39156 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Next please do one on “bring” and “take”. Thank you.
Bring it to me.

Take it away.

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 19704 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
After I seen the original post, I sat down and read threw it. I thought it was good so I called my wife in to read it to. She said it was so good, sigfreund ought to write a book and sale it. Than he could make a lot of money.

Posts: 2613 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
sigfreund ought to write a book and sale it

Dood, its aught too rite a book”

Geez, get sum scoolin, pleaze.

Hannibal ad portas. Carthago delenda est.

Posts: 5917 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Grammar Nazis, oh woe is I Confused

Posts: 5532 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post