SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When to use “I” and when to use “me.”
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When to use “I” and when to use “me.” Login/Join 
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
But... but... using “I” as an object pronoun makes me sound all educated. It’s true. I hear it used that way on CNN!! I gives me gravitas!.
No one knows it better than I. Smile

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I was always told just remove the other person and that solves it.

The drill sergeant made Joe and I do pushups.

If you still get it wrong after that, you're beyond help.

Bingo,
This is how me was taught it, too. Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Can't I just LIE here and not think about grammar? I'll just LAY around and do nothing.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I seen this thread. I would of never known.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sigfruend, you assume people know the difference between a subject and an object in a sentence.

But the shortcut can help even those people.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Our brains is hurts now.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Sigfruend, you assume people know the difference between a subject and an object in a sentence.

Therefore the shortcut and examples. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Next please do one on “bring” and “take”. Thank you.
Bring it to me.

Take it away.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
After I seen the original post, I sat down and read threw it. I thought it was good so I called my wife in to read it to. She said it was so good, sigfreund ought to write a book and sale it. Than he could make a lot of money.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
sigfreund ought to write a book and sale it

Dood, its aught too rite a book”

Geez, get sum scoolin, pleaze.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Grammar Nazis, oh woe is I Confused

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post