SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Loosing your EDC knife!!!! Has been found, WOOT WOOT!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loosing your EDC knife!!!! Has been found, WOOT WOOT!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
The clip on my Kershaw Leek was getting loose and I told myself I needed to fix it.
I didn’t and it’s been a week and can’t find the knife. I usually find it later that day or the next if it gets snagged on something.
Not that lucky this go round.
Guess, I’ll buy a new one. Hopefully Sportsman’s Warehouse has some in stock tomorrow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
You and I both!

I lost my Spyderco Delica about three weeks ago. Retraced my steps, best theory is that I lost it at Kroger after leaving the gun shop on a Saturday.

Had it for sixteen years.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
At least you can get a reasonably priced replacement. I lost my Kershaw Shallot which was discontinued. Used replacements on eBay are priced 3 times or more than I paid for it new.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've lost so many EDC items... I still carry a flashlight and knife but it gets sketchy sometimes.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I was going to correct your spelling, but I guess you really did "loose" it!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16336 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I "lost" my Buck 501 last week. I bought that knife back in the mid 60's and carried it until I started carrying the smaller Buck mini's due to wearing a suit and such.

It was gone for 24 hours, but turned up under a cover on my bed. Must have fallen out of my shorts pocket while I was taking a nap.

Just thinking about it made me feel in my pocket to make sure it was there.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I lost my ZT566 before Christmas. I found the same knife at a shop on a trip out of town in January. A few days later, I found the original in a day pack where I never would have placed it.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I lost a Kershaw Whirlwind a number of years ago so I ordered a new one. Sure enough, I found it under the drivers seat of the car a few days later, so I offered it up for a Karma here. I think that Rey HRH was the winner.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once lost a Spyderco EDC knife. Found it 3 years later in the yard while mowing. It was still sharp and hadn't rusted. It has a serrated blade, is I keep it clipped to my seat belt know, just in case.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I lost one for months and it turned up under the car seat, so don't give up.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
please tell me you checked between the console and car seat ,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
At the risk of hijacking this thread:

In the 1960s, my dad gave me a pocket knife that had been given to him by then-vice president Hubert H. Humphrey. It was a black Swiss Army Knife, with the gold seal of the President of the United States on one side, and a gold rendering of the president's (LJB) signature on the other. I had never carried a knife before, but that knife became a part of my daily "attire." I always carried it in my left front pocket, and it was a comfort to reach into my pocket and feel it there.

Until one day it wasn't.

I never found that knife. I now have a drawer full of Swiss Army knives, and I still carry one every day in my left front pocket. That one started it all, and I miss it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
At the risk of hijacking this thread:

In the 1960s, my dad gave me a pocket knife that had been given to him by then-vice president Hubert H. Humphrey. It was a black Swiss Army Knife, with the gold seal of the President of the United States on one side, and a gold rendering of the president's (LJB) signature on the other. I had never carried a knife before, but that knife became a part of my daily "attire." I always carried it in my left front pocket, and it was a comfort to reach into my pocket and feel it there.

Until one day it wasn't.

I never found that knife. I now have a drawer full of Swiss Army knives, and I still carry one every day in my left front pocket. That one started it all, and I miss it.

...pic of knife...

There is one offered on Ebay with a buy it now price just shy of $300 or a best offer option. I'll see if I can find any others for sale...

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I lost my Kershaw 1550ST Blackout in January 2019 when I had to leave it at Gibson because I got my hand stuck in a drum sander (that was a fun day). Sadly, Kershaw discontinued that model. Working theory is that either it got taken by one of my fellow employees or it got tossed because they were cleaning in preparation for the big move.

I got my hands on another one via eBay, but since the speedsafe mechanism is broken it's just a shell of the knife it once was. I've looked at current offerings, but all of the major players in the "made in USA" game have gone all-in on that stupid (to me) skinning belly that makes it damned near impossible for me to sharpen the damned things on a traditional waterstone (of which I have dozens). Unless I want to go back to a Leek, I can't seem to find what I want - a reasonably sized folder in a simple drop point profile - so I started looking into fixed blades (I have a Benchmade 162-1 that I LOVE now - it's not the same as my Kershaw, but it's still fantastic).

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Vulrath - Email me your mailing address, and I'll mail you a lightly used 1550ST with a working mechanism. Instant Karma.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have lost plenty over the years. Sometimes they turn up later. If you believe George Carlin you get all your lost things back when you die. Not much help though if you need it now.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I lost a Kershaw Whirlwind a number of years ago so I ordered a new one. Sure enough, I found it under the drivers seat of the car a few days later, so I offered it up for a Karma here. I think that Rey HRH was the winner.

Jim

I remember that. It got me into knives. I’ve since learned to buy a second one of knives I like. I was starting to think it was silly since I’ve never lost a knife. Until the time,I did lose my most favorite knife that was a special edition. I went and bought two of the regular editions to replace it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19657 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Another reason to buy a second knife of the same model is if they end production. That happened with a Kershaw “Needs Work” I have. Went to order another a while back and it’s no longer produced. Frown

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost my EDC knife of public transit. It was inexpensive but it still hurt a little. The replacement is a different knife i had around the house. Thought I lost it too but it showed up again. Considering buying the same model in bulk just to have extras.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I own a fair number of moderately expensive pocket knives. I left a Hinderer once at the bank, lost my Griptillian a couple times. Got both back but after the XM-18 event, I decided I would EDC a more inexpensive knife and carry the nice ones when I wasn't going to 20 different places in a day.

I mostly carry a $50 Boker auto. The steel is mild and the finish is about half worn off the scales. But if I leave it on a job someplace or lose it off my pocket, it's not painful like the discontinued Spyderco I lost or a $300 Microtech.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post