SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dollar Shave Club Ad
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dollar Shave Club Ad Login/Join 
posted
Watching US Open and being inundated with these stupid ads about this dork going into a drug store and no one will sell him a razor. Really? Has anyone EVER had a problem buying a razor in a drug store? How is this supposed to make me want to "join" Dollar Shave Club rather than throw a brick through the screen?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Have been using them for about a year. Email when blades are about to ship includes specials. (The shave butter is very good.) Overall, the service and product are very good.

The package always has an inset with interesting information. In fact some of it can be found online
https://content.dollarshaveclu...ter-original-content

Overall, no complaints and a good product.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

Overall, no complaints and a good product.

And a very annoying ad, particularly on the 37th-38th viewing .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't buy razors in the drug store anymore because I switched to safety razor shaving about five years ago. But around here the razor blades are often locked up and you have to track down an employee to open them up. Which can be a pain in the butt.

Regardless I hate watching the same ad over and over again.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find their ads somewhat amusing. Now seeing it 20 times in a row, that would bother me.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
I don't buy razors in the drug store anymore because I switched to safety razor shaving about five years ago. But around here the razor blades are often locked up and you have to track down an employee to open them up. Which can be a pain in the butt.

So there really are places that lock up the razors! Amazing! What's special about razors? Are thieves more likely to use razors than toothbrushes and deodorant?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:

So there really are places that lock up the razors! Amazing! What's special about razors? Are thieves more likely to use razors than toothbrushes and deodorant?

Steal them from the drug store then resell them to the shady gas station in the city, then they resell them for much cheaper than they would be in the drug store.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weird! I have a beard so only need razor for periphery. I buy the bag of Bic disposables. Work great. Cheap as dirt and a bag lasts forever. Don't why anyone uses anything else.

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Does any of the stuff actually cost a dollar? I always found this annoying. Dollar Store, but stuff is all different prices, Airlines with miles that don't equal real miles.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They've found a way to make meth out of them. A prescription is now required.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:

I switched to safety razors 3 years ago. I'll never go back to plastic junk multibladed slimestrip razors. I paid a hundred ish dollars for a Merkur 3 piece razor and order Wilkinson Sword blades in bulk wherever I can find a good deal. A 100 pack of Wilkinson Sword blades from eBay is 9$ with free shipping and typically lasts me about 2-1/2 years.

The merkur razor will last several lifetimes.

I shave for $0.75 per month.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Gillette twin blade that is hard to find and expensive as hell when you do . I've been buying mine off of Ebay for a couple of years at about 2/3 cost of the drug store .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Dorco

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Went to safety razors myself more than a year ago. 100 blades for $15? Sure! I use the blade for 2 shaves and toss it. Definitely much more cost effective than the triple/quadruple blades.

quote:

Yes, there are quite a few stores that lock them up. They're expensive. A 4 pack of the triple/quadruple blade razors can be $20. It's a small item that can be flipped for a quick buck.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Dorco

Some of the worst blades on the market.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
Dorco makes different grades. I have some Chinese Dorcos that suck, and some India made "platinum" Dorcos that are pretty good.

I bought a sampler pack on ebay that has 1 pack each of about 10 different brands.

My favorites are Wilkinson Sword. But the Merkur, Feather, Shark and a couple others were really close.

I bought a variety pack like these to figure out for myself which are best. The variety pack has lasted a year so far, and I've used less than half.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/172853691677

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Dorco makes Dollar Shave Club, but you can buy the same Dorco on Amazon Prime for less money and zero commitment. I started a razor thread last year when my new job caused me to be clean shaven, and I've been an extremely pleased Dorco Pace 6-Plus customer since. I have one in the master bath and another in my travel kit.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Like Dorco also.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I actually like DSC, mainly because I shave in the shower, work 12 hour shifts, and drive about 1 and 1/2 hours to work both ways. So time is an important factor. They actually last a longer time than any big brand, so while you get 4 heads a month, I find I switch them about every two to three weeks. So for about 5 dollars for about a 5 month of razors, its great. YMMV, depending on face time, how often you shave, and how quick you grow hair.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A post about the quality of an ad morphing into an "I Like" thread.
Maybe a future topic some day?

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post