SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Property marker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Property marker Login/Join 
posted
So a few months ago I had a not on my car to call a number. The note said that my fence was on another guys property.

So I call and he says he had a survey done and it showed my fence which has been up for 20 years is over the property line, but he has no problem with it if I sign a paper.

I paid to have my own survey done. They put wooden stakes in that are about 5" high with a little flag on it.
They show, one side of my back fence is over the property line. That line is the north border.

It also showed that my east border is a lot farther than my neighbor there thinks it is. She plows snow onto my property, filled with stone from her drive and actually drives on it.

I called a fence guy to get an estimate and to move the fence. I told him I would leave the stake up in back there.

Today I go out back and the stake is gone. I look around and see it in front of my neighbor to the Easts' garage door. I went over and picked it up and put it back. They mowed yesterday. I figured she took it down and forgot it.
I went to my sons today and when I got home she was out mowing AGAIN today. They finished yesterday, but mowing again today. I see the stake is now in her garage.
So tomorrow I will go in and buy 2 6' field fence posts and drive them in about 4 foot and leave them permanently.

I will just make sure they are completely on my property. I notice now she is no longer mowing and the only place she mowed is where the stakes were.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These disputes can be expensive. Talk to the neighbor in person and see what you can work out. Sounds like a lot of passive aggressive behavior is going on.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
most lots around here have a piece of rebar driven in the ground and taped, as well as the wooden,

my father had a habit of using a big piece, the 1" or bigger stuff, and driving it in next to the small one and painted it orange,

left it about 2' out the ground,

fortunately, the neighbors are not that close that it matters

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Don't be passive aggressive about it. Go talk to your neighbors.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am afraid if I talk to her, she might escalate things to the point of me smacking her big mouth.

I think she feels like she is a man.

She used to take political signs out of my yard. I did not realize it for a long time until I saw one in her garage when the door was open one day.

She used to put her dog on me when I would got to get the mail.

I finally got tired of it and told her the next time I was gonna cut the dogs throat and then knock her out. She said the dog kept getting loose, but it never happened again.

Last time I talked to one of her adult sons, he told me he no longer associates with her.

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any way to install cameras? A video is priceless,and it is a crime in most states to move boundary markers.

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
We went through this. Someone moved the survey stakes on our property line in a wooded area. No fence so it wasn't noticed.
Unfortunately it occurred in a state allowing adverse possession.
Even after court we lost 20' of property.
Can't prove anything unless someone witnesses the stakes being pulled up and moved.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.... game camera ....

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a marker but it is down in the ground a ways and they dug a divot up to find it.

IT was about a foot deep. They covered it back up and posted a wooden stake, so I could easily have the fence guy see it while moving my fence further south. The stake is to the east of my fence about 12 ft.

I have been thinking about why this woman is so hard to get along with.
I remembered something I had forgotten. Her father was my newspaper deliverer. I did not know he was as she had just moved in.
I called him a few times, 6 or 7 and told him I did not get my paper. He always claimed that I got it, but he got me another. One day I was driving down our road and a car pulled out a ways ahead of me. He starts going about 60mph and he then precedes to take his hand off the steering wheel and grads a newspaper and tries to throw it out the passenger window. One paper does not go out the window and he never slows, still keeps going.
So, I found out why I was not getting a paper. The guy only had one good arm.
So, we were in a battle for me to get my paper. He finally told me to F.O. I quit getting the paper. She comes over and tells me that people who worked where she knew I worked steal papers on that street and sell them where i worked for half price.
I told her I worked there for 25yrs at the time and never saw anybody selling any new papers there.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Don't be passive aggressive about it. Go talk to your neighbors.

Your response to YellowJacket tells me part of the issue may be coming from you. "I am afraid if I talk to her, she might escalate things to the point of me smacking her big mouth." You're going to blame your inability to control your temper on her???

"She used to put her dog on me when I would go get the mail. told her the next time I was gonna cut the dogs throat and then knock her out." Really??? No simply talking to her about what may or may not be happening? She said the dog kept getting loose and it never happened again. After what you said, she made damn sure it wouldn't get loose again because the crazy guy will slit the dog's throat and knock her out.

I'm not saying be a pushover and let her walk all over you. But you don't need to go all Rambo on her on the first step.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
most lots around here have a piece of rebar driven in the ground and taped, as well as the wooden,

my father had a habit of using a big piece, the 1" or bigger stuff, and driving it in next to the small one and painted it orange,

left it about 2' out the ground,

fortunately, the neighbors are not that close that it matters

Yes, we have metal markers in the ground itself from our survey years ago. The wooden stakes are long gone, but the fence itself pretty much marks our boundaries now (except for the back, where I think we were more lenient).
We had some neighbors that liked to pull stakes, too. I spect that’s why most surveyors use metal markers in addition to the wooden stakes- property lines and neighbors....we had some pretty aggressive encroachment on 2 sides when we moved in, and 1 guy kept calling the city telling THEM we couldn’t put up our fence on our property (he’d kind of decided part of it was his, I guess, to the extent that his kids dismantled the fence, tp’d our yard, kept sneaking on the property, diverted any rainfall water to our yard -we’re all on clay, so lots of runoff..oh, boy).

Some of your phrases do seem a little threatening, though? Maybe get the fence guy there pronto, spray paint the ground down to the soil to mark it- even mowing isn’t going to hide that for a few days if you saturate the ground...and if she tries to obscure it she’ll make it even more obvious. Best of luck.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I wonder how she's describing the above interactions on her favorite forum.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post