SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So, MidwayUSA requested feedback
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, MidwayUSA requested feedback Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted
I just placed an order at MidwayUSA and a pop-up box asked that I give feedback as if I was telling a good friend. Hey, once I had it typed out, I figured I'd share it. Here goes:

quote:

The check out experience sucked. The website said free shipping if order >49. I ordered >63 of stuff. But the website said I had to spend $19 more to get free shipping. Luckily "Honey" stepped in and found a coupon. Otherwise I'd have cancelled the order. Midway, you need to be honest when you run promos.

Then it got worse. I forgot my password. I clicked the forgot password button and reset the password. Then discovered Midway wiped out everything in my cart. I had to redo the entire order - hoping that Honey would again find a coupon.

I do a lot of online shopping, loosing stuff in the cart when I reset a password is a major flaw in your website design. Frankly you wasted a lot of my time.

So there you have it, the story as if I'm telling my best friend.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Was the $49 of stuff "qualifying" items like it says in the details when you click the offer?

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has Larry offered his apologies?? He sure sends a lot of spam email. Maybe if he cut that out he could straighten out his website. I have had the same problem with Midway.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Midways used to be one of my go tos, but Brownells blows them away on pricing and if you are an Edge member ($49.99 / year) you get special pricing and free 2-day shipping on any order, no matter what the size - so I haven't bought from Midway in several years.

I used to check but their prices were always the highest around.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
OP...good, open, honest feedback. Two thumbs up!!

I hit the "unsubscribe" button from Midway's e-mail some time ago. Haven't missed it at all, but that doesn't mean I won't consider them if I were to need something. I think they're a really good company but just got tired of 3 or 4 emails per hour (exaggerating, of course) loading up my Inbox.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I placed an order for some 1911 springs a few days ago. Nearly identical experience, except instead of the free shipping issue, it increased the second or third time I put in the order.

In general, they don't entice repeat business.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I added a bunch of Glock mags to the cart, and was enticed by the free shipping if you spent $49. Logged in to check out after everything was in the cart, and bam, the cart was wiped clean and was empty. WTF??!! Added everything again, went to check out, “sorry, Glock items don’t qualify for free shipping.” WTF!!

Removed all the Glock items, decided to buy them elsewhere.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to order from Midway recently only to find at checkout, the NRA roundup appeared to be mandatory. Logged out and called them and was told if I wanted to order by phone, the current wait time was 8-10 minutes. I later learned that the NRA roundup can be declined but the choice appears just before submitting the order. Until then, it looks like mandatory.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Ordered a bunch of stuff from Midway. Next day they ran a "free shipping for orders more than $99." My order was a lot more than that. Contacted customer NO-service, was told no free shipping on my order but they would keep a credit on my account for the amount of shipping, to be applied to my next order.

Fast forward to my next order, they had no record of the promised credit.

Midway can sit on a cactus.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Was the $49 of stuff "qualifying" items like it says in the details when you click the offer?

At the time I ordered, the details I read said the offer applied to in stock items. Everything I ordered showed as being in stock.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I've had great experiences with midway. In fact, last time I put stuff in the cart that was on super sale, forgot and came back months later and it was all still in there. I love those guys.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I ordered form Miday last week for the first time in years. They were my only option. I cut them off when they did away with my "discount". I spent several thousand dollars a year with them for almost 30 years... then nada.

But my one good customer service experience that I remember is I'd ordered some .17 cal bore brush from them... then life got in the way and I didn't get to use them till a year later. When I tried they wouldn't fit the cleaning rod. (Midway's .17 cal rod) I contacted them not really looking for anything, it was just a couple bucks, I did it as more of a heads up... "Hey I know you probably figured this out by now, but your brushes don't/didn't fit your rods." They refunded my money, over a year later with no hesitation.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post