SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Eclipse! Eclipse! Eclipse!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eclipse! Eclipse! Eclipse!!! Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
Enough already!!! Its going to get dark for a few minutes.

Even the reloading place are marketing now with the eclipse. I just got a "Path of Total Savings" email from Graf and Sons.

If they had any powder that I could use, I might feel differently.

Stop it!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The early weather forecast for Monday mid-day is mostly cloudy, so I told my girlfriend, "They may have to postpone the Eclipse for a couple days."

She said, "They can't do that, can they?"

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sourpuss.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Enough already!!! Its going to get dark for a few minutes.

Stop it!

RMD

Exactly. I don't know when it's happening nor do I care.
My routine will stay the same.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Around here it is "Eclipse, eclipse, eclipse, end of he world, eclipse, eclipse, eclipse, food shortage, eclipse, eclipse, eclipse, fuel shortage, eclipse, eclipse, eclipse, lizard men, eclipse, eclipse, eclipse"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many fools are gonna go blind on Monday?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We have tons of people trying to sell the $1 glasses for $20

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
How many fools are gonna go blind on Monday?

I think it takes a while to show up...
And based on the twenty videos I've seen this week - it causes some blind spots in your eye, not usually complete blindness :-)

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so, no Kardashian eclipse party for you then ? Wink

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Around here it is "Eclipse, eclipse, eclipse, end of he world, eclipse, eclipse, eclipse, food shortage, eclipse, eclipse, eclipse, fuel shortage, eclipse, eclipse, eclipse, lizard men, eclipse, eclipse, eclipse"

You left out lizard men.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about you guys but I already purchased the three (3) chickens required for the rituals to be celebrated next Monday afternoon.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
I don't know about you guys but I already purchased the three (3) chickens required for the rituals to be celebrated next Monday afternoon.

Pretty sure you need a ram or a goat as well...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

And an unsuspecting trailer park resident.......

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It seemed like a good idea...
Picture of lude4life
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-bBSudgKSs

-Jay

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware." -Alan Korwin

Posts: 2810 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I've read, the eclipse is already a boon for the now-solidly-booked hotels in the direct path, and will be for gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores on the actual day of. I know people who are driving many hours to be in that path. I'd never do that, because I have the reverse-Midas touch. I'd cause clouds and fog so thick that the crows would be grounded.

If I remember, I'll stick my nose outside to see it, but if I miss it, it'll be on TV.

I do have to pick up some ammo designed for Lizardmen, just in case. Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just heard an idiotic radio DJ expressing concern about the possibility of nocturnal animals becoming confused by the darkness. For 2.5 minutes.
Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'm off until the 29th.

I'm waiting for them to try to call us in. They call us in for all kinds of stupidity. We're short on bodies and every week there are 2 or 3 things they need more for.

My phone will not be answered.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

And an unsuspecting trailer park resident.......

What about virgins? You gotta have virgins.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
My phone will not be answered.
Do phones even work during an eclipse?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post