SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Broads coming out of the woodwork to accuse guys of sexual harassment.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broads coming out of the woodwork to accuse guys of sexual harassment. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
"George Bush pinched my ass in 2006."

"Jim Shugart made me feel uncomfortable in our work place in 1996."

Isn't there a statute of limitations on this silly shit?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
As long as there is a chance of a lawsuit and money involved it will never end.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Eve touched my fruit, in the garden."

-Adam

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn't there a statute of limitations on this silly shit?

Apparently not. I have taken issue with this for years. It seems that anybody can come forward at any time and make this type of accusation which then lands the accused in legal trouble.

What evidence can you possibly have this far after the fact short of your word vs. theirs?

I say if a crime occurred, then it need to be reported immediately. If it wasn't so terrible that you felt compelled to file a police report, then it wasn't so terrible that you need to "come forward" years later.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've believed for quite some time this is one of those things where you are guilty until proven innocent. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A third party can feel "uncomfortable" seeing a couple being close to each other and report to HR as sexual harassment.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
What evidence can you possibly have this far after the fact short of your word vs. theirs?

A blue dress with a cum stain on it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Let me add one of the complaints was that the Weinstein guy "touched himself" with out the complainers permission. They want complete control. You can't even touch yourself without having committed a crime (in the complainers eyes.)

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

I say if a crime occurred, then it need to be reported immediately. If it wasn't so terrible that you felt compelled to file a police report, then it wasn't so terrible that you need to "come forward" years later.

Unfortunately, after the past several years of PC cultural change, it no longer matters if there is evidence or not. The real hope, as I see it, is to embarrass the target and seek a major windfall while getting that all important 15 seconds of fame. “Coming forward” after years have past is a kind to letting a wine age, it raises the price to be paid for the product. No one has provided any evidence that Trump “colluded” with the Russians, but look how far that’s traveled and how many taxpayer dollars have been spent looking for “evidence” based on such nonsense.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Broads coming out of the woodwork to accuse guys of sexual harassment.
With Gloria Allred at their side.

In the case of Harvey Weinstein, sure, he's an asshole and he probably did most or all of the things he was accused of, but there is a great deal of hypocrisy on the part of many of his accusers. It's what I like to call "didn't know she was raped until the checks bounced." They didn't mind giving him head, watching him jack off in a potted plant or whatever as long as it got them work. But now that he's being thrown under the bus, now they start "coming forward." Roll Eyes If what he did was so bad, it should have been reported at the time, not years later.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't disagree with the general premise of this thread, but I can absolutely see how someone would be uncomfortable accusing a president of sexual assault.

As far as I have read, HW has basically admitted at this point that he grabbed several women by the ass while making a stupid joke. Ok he's an old man. Ok you can look at it as harmless. But I for one would not want him touching my wife or daughter on the ass.

And it does make sense that, like it or not, it sometimes takes one strong willed person to come forward before others will. That's just human nature in many situations, not just this type of stuff.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Jim, I will see you in court. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Don't tell me you saved that blue dress! Eek Razz Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
I don't disagree with the general premise of this thread, but I can absolutely see how someone would be uncomfortable accusing a president of sexual assault.

As far as I have read, HW has basically admitted at this point that he grabbed several women by the ass while making a stupid joke. Ok he's an old man. Ok you can look at it as harmless. But I for one would not want him touching my wife or daughter on the ass.

And it does make sense that, like it or not, it sometimes takes one strong willed person to come forward before others will. That's just human nature in many situations, not just this type of stuff.
It’s “harmless” until it happens to you or someone you love.

Fuck HW with a spoon, just another entitled power hungry prick.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a LONG distance between casual touching (GWB) and Blow Jobs in the Oval Office (Bill Clinton). One is a man who grew up in a less litigious time where this would be considered humor, and one is a Sexual Predator who exchanged sexual favors for position.
I can see the difference. TOday's Liberals cannot see any difference.

Remember the 1st rule. It's always loaded.

Posts: 108 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: November 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Don't tell me you saved that blue dress! Eek Razz Big Grin

You are forgetting all the ladies at the Paper Moon. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jjmcd:
There is a LONG distance between casual touching (GWB) and Blow Jobs in the Oval Office (Bill Clinton). One is a man who grew up in a less litigious time where this would be considered humor, and one is a Sexual Predator who exchanged sexual favors for position.
I can see the difference. TOday's Liberals cannot see any difference.

Did I miss something in the news? I thought it was Bush 41, not Bush 43, that is being accused. Is GWB being accused in addition to this father?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
A third party can feel "uncomfortable" seeing a couple being close to each other and report to HR as sexual harassment.

No freaking joke!!

Had one of my peer managers lose his job because, "He stood too close to me!"

And that was in IBM, lo those many years ago.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:

Along these lines. It's something we don't see because we're not subjected to it. Consider how much fun it'd be to have a gay boss flirting with you and how would you deal with it in a work environment? You'd probably tell all your friends about it right?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
It was GHWB, and I believe not that long ago (2014), the DOM.

I worked in Washington in the early 70's, when Nixon was president. I was staffer for a high-level HEW exec who went to Congress for appropriations hearings. He had never met the congressman who was chair of the committee, but had to "break the ice" with an off-color joke that included making gestures of touching women's breasts. There were young women there. I was appalled. What an asshole, showing how powerful he was and that he was a member of the "old boys' club".

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post