SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sellers not cleaning guns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sellers not cleaning guns Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Guess I better clean my STI Trojan 9mm before I put it up for sale/auction. You guys have shamed me into it. I can't imagine doing a face to face deal and having the gun you are trying to sell be dirty.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Hands down, the worst, nastiest gun I've ever bought was a Dan Wesson 15-2 frame I bought about 5 years or so ago. It looked ok on the outside, it had been wiped down before the pics were taken, but inside, wow. It crunched loudly when cocked, and when I tried to dry fire it D/A, it had about a 20 pound trigger. It was full of unburned powder to the point it was hard to understand how it got so much inside it, after all, the only places it can get into a revolver are the firing pin hole, the hand slot, and the bolt slot, so it took a lot of shooting some really dirty ammo to crud it up so bad. After I cleaned it up, it's a great looking, very smooth shooting gun.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I will not buy or sell a dirty gun. If buying, I want to see what I'm getting. When selling, I want the buyer to be able to see that it's well cared for.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I once cleaned a LE trade in Glock before sending it back to the factory for updates.
They threw away most of the parts I cleaned, anyway.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only clean,but fully greased,and or lubed, Ready to go.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post