SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    American companies are still exporting PPE out of the country!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American companies are still exporting PPE out of the country!! Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted
This shouldn't even have had to be addressed. and 3M got an exemption to sell to Canada and Latin America

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-BB12kWru?li=BBnb7Kz

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a problem sending stuff to America Jr.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sounds like any shortages in the US are the result of gov't incompetence.

I'm sure we'd be happy if an ally told us to fuck off if we asked / bought some critical drugs, PPE, etc... not...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Mexico>? lol

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Canada

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also good with the Canucks. But south of the border? Nada!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So long as US citizens are receiving what we need I dont have an issue with American companies selling to countries north or south of the border or across the pond.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

We (U.S. citizens here in central Florida) are not able to find this stuff for sale. Sorry, as long as we have a severe shortage, I am not good with shipping it out of the country.

Now, if we had a surplus, sure. But we can't find masks. Hospitals are short of these supplies. Why are we exporting?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

We (U.S. citizens here in central Florida) are not able to find this stuff for sale. Sorry, as long as we have a severe shortage, I am not good with shipping it out of the country.

Non-healthcare, non-first-responder, and non-critical-service people arguably don't need N95 masks and other PPE so much.

My wife and I are only using N95 masks because I already had 'em on-hand before all this started. Even then I volunteered them to our personal physician's office if they needed them.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Hospitals are short of these supplies. Why are we exporting?

Because they're our friends and that's what friends do.

Some respond "But Mexico?" Consider what's happening at the border. "Border wall!" is what some reply. While that may be true, more likely it's because Trump persuaded Mexico to stop it at their southern border. Trump's even mentioned it in pandemic briefings. Mexico's done us a solid in this respect. It's called "returning the favour."

Besides: We have other countries shipping pandemic supplies to us. How would you react if they adopted a "screw you, we have ours" stance?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ensigmatic, Thank You for that reply.

There are times when you must stand by and support your neighbors even if it hurts.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
So long as US citizens are receiving what we need I dont have an issue with American companies selling to countries north or south of the border or across the pond.

Therein lies the problem. Healthcare workers involved in direct patient care still aren't receiving what they need.

Several of my family members are working at a hospital which is part of a large university affiliated medical center. Staff are currently reusing masks after turning them in to be sanitized by various methods which include UV and hydrogen peroxide. Pretty third world.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:

Therein lies the problem. Healthcare workers involved in direct patient care still aren't receiving what they need.

Several of my family members are working at a hospital which is part of a large university affiliated medical center. Staff are currently reusing masks after turning them in to be sanitized by various methods which include UV and hydrogen peroxide. Pretty third world.

Yep, my wife has to use them over and over. I wasn't able to find masks for my her but I did find a place that was making face shields and bought a few for her and her co-workers. The hospital was not providing them

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My husband is a police officer, he has to reuse the same mask over & over until more arrive. He ordered 100 of the disposable ones, it's been 3 weeks & he still doesn't have them. He told me of a story where a 13 year old girl was getting herself in trouble, when officers went to bring her in, she starts spitting on all the officers yelling that she'l give them the virus. There is only so much they are allowed to do with the juveniles.

I understand both sides but it would be nice if we at least had enough to have our frontline people covered.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post