SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Census phone calls after doing form online
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Census phone calls after doing form online Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
For the past 3 days the Census Bureau had called leaving a call back number and a long Id number. Early on I did the Census online to get it over with. Today I answered the phone and spoke with them. They wanted me to answer questions which would take 7 minutes or longer. I don't have the patience for this crap. I told them I would not answer any questions as I had already answered them and if they can count to 5, they know who lives here. I asked them not to call back.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You sure this is legit?

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Yes. I found the same phone number online in a Google search. Legit.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
we completed the census forms. then we started getting the phone calls...5 to 6 a week. we don't answer them.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I did the required online Census. I'm not taking to anyone on the phone.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
^^^^ Same response here... They already know more about all of us that we do not need to help them ....so these callers that are asking these questions how are they payed. is it a flat pay scale or is based on a completed survey count-- if so that might be why some callers are so pushy. .............drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

we completed the census forms. then we started getting the phone calls...5 to 6 a week. we don't answer them.
Answer the phone. Chat with them. Have a nice conversation. "What are you wearing? Do you have underwear on? What color is it? Are you going to bring ice cream?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I did it online, now I'm getting visits from someone or other. I know it's the census because they keep leaving little cute plastic bags marked 'Census2020' hanging on my door handle.

I neither answer the door nor return their calls. The garbage man gets the cute little plastic bags and whatever is in them - I've never looked.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

I agree ^

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I kept getting the phone call; kept refusing to answer any questions. The last call I received I told the person on the other end that the call came from an unknown number and I was damned sure not answering questions when I couldn't verify that they were Census.

I also invited them to send someone or law enforcement to my house when they tried to tell me I had a legal obligation to answer their question.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Census called twice today after I told them I was done answering questions and not to call. Let them keep calling and listening to my voice mail message. Screw them.

Living the Dream

posted Hide Post
I did the online stuff and haven't received any calls that left an actual message. BTW, with robot calling so annoying I don't answer my phone for any caller that's not in my contact list. If they want to talk to me they have to leave a message. Note, if the Census does leave a message I will return the call, just to ask them about what they are wearing and if they are offering free ice cream. If they get insistent they will be told I will only talk to a hot 24 year old female who likes to talk dirty and willing to meet for ice cream wearing something really low cut.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post