SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Asking the local gun store clerk about ordering a Chiappa 'Little Sharps'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asking the local gun store clerk about ordering a Chiappa 'Little Sharps' Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Me: Chiappa catalogs a .357 magnum Little Sharps rifle. Would you check to see if your distributors might have one?

Clerk: ( Leads me to two Chiappa Rhinos in the glass case) I only have these right now but neither is a .357.

Me: No, I mean a rifle.

Clerk: Oh, I don't carry Chiappa long guns, only handguns. (Returns to another customer down the aisle.)

Me: (staring at a Chiappa Double Badger, a Chiappa Mare's Leg Carbine and a triple barrel shotgun on the wall, all with big honkin' CHIAPPA® tags.) OK, thanks.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Shoot Straight?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Checked into what you were referring to. The Little Sharps is a cool rifle. Hopefully the hair trigger is not as sensitive as the 1874 Sharps that I bought second hand. The hair trigger feels my finger before my finger feels the hair trigger. That, and it is a 45-70.

I try to use the regular trigger more.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont even show them as a SKU at distributor's websites. Chiappa's website doesn't show an MSRP next to the .357mag SKU, but it does next to everything else. Strange, I'm not extremely versed in Chiappa rifles maybe it's discontinued? or not released yet?

I don't see any current or ended auctions on funbroker for the SKU so maybe not released yet?

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Little Sharps rifle

Well now I know that’s a thing. I wish there was a cavalry length .45lc.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I think I might fire off a letter to the owner so he knows his clerk needs some more familiarization with what they have to offer and needs to brush up on customer relations.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm probably the second least knowledgeable employee at the store where I work, but I have developed a technique. When asked something I know nothing about, I say, "Let me get someone with more knowledge in that area," then I do.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your frustration. Maybe online is the way to go use a different to receive and transfer the rifle.

Slightly off topic but I would very much like to own a .357 chambered rolling block.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post