SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Forgot to renew my carry permit
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forgot to renew my carry permit Login/Join 
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Why can’t they send out a renewal notice like driver license and vehicle registration.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Ever since Kentucky became a constitutional carry State this past summer, folks who had previously applied for renewals of their permits are seeming to forget to pick them up.

Unclaimed permits

I just got my renewal notice in the mail, and I fully intend to renew it and to pick up it up when it becomes available. 35 other States recognize Kentucky’s permit, so you never know where you might eventually find yourself.

Kentucky reciprocity

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
Why can’t they send out a renewal notice like driver license and vehicle registration.

AZ does this, 3 months ahead of expiration.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
My local sherif sends out renewal notices either 6 or 3 months before expiration. Of course, its a heavily republican county...

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^Our county sheriff department does as well.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forgot to renew my carry permit

Another reason why I like constitutional carry.

Nobody has ever been able to explain to me why in 2019, a permit is needed, other than revenue generation.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:

NC does but the responsibility still rests with the permit holder. The notice is effectively a courtesy - if it gets lost in the mail or they somehow fail to mail it - well - it's on you.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
Here in Texas both DL and LTC (formerly CHL) expire on your birthday, but I think DL is good for 6 years and LTC is good for 5. Confused

You can also renew it up to 12 months after the it expired.

http://www.stateoftexaschl.com/chl-faqs/renewals/

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG thoughtfully engraved my LTC expiration date on my carry pistol so I can't forget it. (2022) Don't know what to replace it with after that Wink

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 412 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
What is this carry permit thing you all are talking about Frown

California Bay Area Sucks when it come s to permits...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Renewed mine about a month ago and had in back in less than a week.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
When I went in early this year - I paid a tad extra and did the lifetime permit. No more worries.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Thankfully Utah has online renewal now. looks like now, we're required to watch a suicide/safety video to renew it, but then just upload a new pic and boom. renewed. they'll send you a new one.

I know last time, I just emailed BCI a new photo and they sent me a new permit a week or so later.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
How have you been carrying for nearly 20 years straight? Minnesota only passed the law in 2013.

Confused

Not arguing with you, but I think you have your facts wrong. I’m losing track but this is my fourth or fifth 5 year renewal.

You’re right; 2003 it was passed; that’s what I meant to type, and I’ve been rightfully called out! D’oh!

Were you able to get a permit prior to the “shall issue?”

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
How have you been carrying for nearly 20 years straight? Minnesota only passed the law in 2013.
I think you're wrong, Doc.

Minnesota became a "shall issue" state in 2003.

Prior to that, Minnesota was a "may issue" state.

Reference: Minnesota Legislative Reference Library / Firearm Carry Laws.

Yep, my mistake, I knew it was 2003 because that’s when I became permitted and also, no coincidence, when I joined this august forum!

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I knew it was 2003 because that’s when I became permitted and also, no coincidence, when I joined this august forum!
I thought you joined in June, not in August.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
What is this carry permit thing you all are talking about Frown

California Bay Area Sucks when it come s to permits...
Wake up, pants on - keys, wallet, phone, gun.

I carry all the time, to the point I forget it's there sometimes, because it's ALWAYS there! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Thankfully Utah has online renewal now. looks like now, we're required to watch a suicide/safety video to renew it, but then just upload a new pic and boom. renewed. they'll send you a new one.

I know last time, I just emailed BCI a new photo and they sent me a new permit a week or so later.
Yeah, I guess I slipped in under the deadline, no video just upload new photo, pay some monies, 1-2 weeks, new ID in the mail to FL.

Another great reason to have 2 permits.

WINNING!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

I knew it was 2003 because that’s when I became permitted and also, no coincidence, when I joined this august forum!
I thought you joined in June, not in August.

Ba dum tss!

Will you be here all week?

Wink