SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Oh, hell, no. Get well fast, Nicky
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh, hell, no. Get well fast, Nicky Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.c...-after-be-1795301535

The most recent American-born motorcycle racer to win a MotoGP World Championship in 2006, Nicky Hayden, is said to be in serious condition after being hit by a car while cycling in Italy, Fox Sports reports.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, shocking. We watched many a race on tv with him in it as well as some at mid ohio. Watched him and his two brothers racing for years.
Hope he pulls through.
Kinda reminds me of when Pig Man rolled his Expedition. He was in bad shape for a while, but pulled through. Best wishes Nicky old #69

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
On a bicycle even. that's got to hurt. hope he heals fast.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Met and talked to him many times. Very sad to read.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
http://www.roadracingworld.com...n-decries-fake-news/

"By John Ulrich

My friend Earl Hayden is facing his own medical issues at home in Kentucky and is unable to travel while his son, 2006 MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden, lies in a hospital in Italy, mother Rose Hayden and brother Tommy Hayden at his side.

I spoke to Earl this morning, and adding to the family's pain has been a cascade of FAKE NEWS posted all over the internet, including by alleged professional news organizations that should know better.

Earl told me the following:

The family HAS NOT issued a statement that Nicky is dead.

Nicky IS NOT dead, although he is on life support.

Nicky was riding his bicycle alone, NOT in a group of 14 riders.

Doctors DID NOT perform surgery on Nicky.

Nicky WAS NEVER in an induced coma.

Yes, people want to know what is happening with Nicky, a great motorcycle racer, person and humanitarian. But making things up or failing to do even the most basic due diligence or fact checking, and posting FAKE NEWS for commercial purposes?

Have the guilty news organizations even considered the effect their FAKE NEWS has on the family and friends and true fans of Nicky and his family?

To paraphrase a famous quote from the 1950s related to manufactured facts, "Have you no shame?"

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Gutted.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
R.I.P., Nicky.

Frown