SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Ladders job website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ladders job website Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
Holy shit don’t ever sign up for an account with these assholes unless you love junk emails. I signed up with them about 10 years ago and even though I’ve unsubscribed from their emails and marked them as spam dozens of times since, I keep getting them. They always stop for a while after I unsubscribe but a few months go by and they start some new mailing list with a new email address and I start getting them again. Sometimes as many as 5 a day.

I finally called them today and asked them to completely delete my account. We will see.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warning. Some of the career / job hunting sites can be more trouble than they're worth.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
So they're the Front Sight of job-hunting websites?

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Not only do they spam you to death, they are worthless at their primary function.

I signed up with them years ago when I was looking for a new job and did not find one, single, worthwhile opportunity.

But, as you said, ten years later they still fill up my spam folder.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
So they're the Front Sight of job-hunting websites?

Oh Lord. Big Grin

Those were seriously annoying.

Anyone who did just about anything gun-related online in the mid-to-late-2000s probably experienced that same constant bombardment of emails and pop-ups ads with Ignatius "The Stache" Piazza trying to foist a "free" Springfield XD off on you if you'd just sign up for his Super Deluxe Ultra Platinum Front Sight Official Operator Training Package.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Some places are too much. If you try to block them, they now know you are an active address.

I get over 100 to 150 spam emails a day and it is a real bear when I go away for a few days and return to go through looking to sort them out for the good ones. Mad Last week I had over 1559 emails counting the good and spam.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post