SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Arthritis and this janky winter -
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arthritis and this janky winter - Login/Join 
posted
These wild swings from warm to bitter cold in the mid-south his year have given me hell.

Can't do crap with my hands today! Keep dropping stuff and it's a struggle to make them do what I want them to do in order to type this.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Same here. It's killing my knees.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
The temperature fluctuations are constantly causing my Psoriatic Arthritis to flare badly.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKg3:
The temperature fluctuations are constantly causing my Psoriatic Arthritis to flare badly.

Mike

Same here. It is awful.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Dr. Weil on joint health:

Aching Joints Affecting Your Lifestyle? Consider These Supplements

Throughout life, both men and women experience normal wear and tear on the joints. To help support optimum joint health, follow an anti-inflammatory diet and consider these dietary supplements:

Evening primrose oil. A source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which may help maintain healthy joints.
Anti-inflammatory herbs. Ginger, holy basil, turmeric, green tea, rosemary, Scutellaria and hu zhang all have naturally occurring compounds that help maintain joint health.
Omega-3 fatty acids. Use varieties that are molecularly distilled from the oil of fish or krill and contain both EPA and DHA, essential fatty acids which have been shown in studies to help maintain bone health and joint flexibility.

https://www.drweil.com/blog/he...r-these-supplements/

I use Omega 3 and GLA which also promotes skin health.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

70 going on 71. Arthritis has begun to set in, mostly in my shoulders and a couple of fingers. I figure it is par for the age. I really thought earlier in my life, that spending 25 years in a custom millwork job, with no real ear or eye protection, that I would be deaf or blind before anything else. Hearing remains great, and I just got restrictions removed from my recent drivers' license vision test (I have had vision endorsements on my DL since I was 15). All that work with high rpm and vibrating machinery seems to have passed me by.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Me too....it's been really bad

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
All osteo arthritis sufferers may find some relief from topical application of ibuprofen 10% cream.
I find it helpful without any longterm negative renal issues.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't had a arthritis flare since 2013 until this year, on my second one as we speak, second steroid dosepak to stop the rotation of joints swelling and pain.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to get it in spurts. Saturday was the worst I have ever seen. It attacked my left jaw. The pain was unreal. My jaw is still a little sore.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Here in Montana, weather/pressure changes are evident in the discomfort of the knees and elbows.
I use supplements that have made life better...but some days are miserable. Working physically hard when younger has taken it's toll on the body. Now I know what my grandfather was always complaining about.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post