SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Coke Bottles With Names
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coke Bottles With Names Login/Join 
posted
OK, I get it, it's a cute marketing idea but today I was in a Circle K and on a whim went to look for a bottle with my daughter's name (a common American name)....Nope, SOL...is her name was some unpronounceable foreign name I would have been all set!

I like Pepsi anyway

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevmo, unfortunately those foreign names are not really foreign....

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
OK, I get it, it's a cute marketing idea but today I was in a Circle K and on a whim went to look for a bottle with my daughter's name (a common American name)....Nope, SOL...is her name was some unpronounceable foreign name I would have been all set!

I like Pepsi anyway

$5 gets you a customized, genuine bottle of Coke with your kiddo's name on it. I did it for mine and she loved it.

https://buy.shareacoke.com

Posts: 385 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As many of us old folks remember, glass coke bottles used to have the names of the city or town where they were bottled embossed on the bottom of the bottle . My dad said that when he and his friends met for lunch, the one whose Coke was bottled the farthest away, paid for lunch .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
As many of us old folks remember, glass coke bottles used to have the names of the city or town where they were bottled embossed on the bottom of the bottle . My dad said that when he and his friends met for lunch, the one whose Coke was bottled the farthest away, paid for lunch .

Yep I remember those, grandparents bought them by the case, and a case was a wooden rack that held the bottles.

Coke machines were a $25 and you pulled out the glass bottle had the opener on the front...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Coke machines were a $25 and you pulled out the glass bottle had the opener on the front...

I miss the chest type ones that you had to slide the bottle all the way down the track before being able to pull it out.

We had cigarette machines back then too. Those were the days, when a 9-year-old kid didn't have to steal his mom's smokes, he could just go down and buy his own. Big Grin

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

A friend of mine had one of those machines standing in the office of his auto shop. It only took nickels

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Why didn't you just name your daughter Day-shaniqua?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
First world problems, named soda. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

A friend of mine had one of those machines standing in the office of his auto shop. It only took nickels

Buddy of mine has one of them in his basement / man-cave.
Adjustable racks to accommodate different bottles. (It's now all beer in the cooler!)
He got it about 6-7 years ago. I want to say he paid about $1000 if not more for it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Spoke with someone yesterday name Attache, prounoced i-tosh-ee.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for the Fred Kadiddlehopper version.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

I miss the chest type ones that you had to slide the bottle all the way down the track before being able to pull it out.

You can get restored ones with new compressors and all that, which - of course - work for anything in a similar bottle - like longneck beers, etc, as well as sodas. Last I looked they were about a grand, give it take, with new paint, new decals, everything. I have a couple of friends that have them. Pretty cool.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That is comedy gold!!! Simple but, yet so funny. Maybe I'm a simpleton though...

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw one today: Guzman.
In the Yoop. Hola! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
I just want to find one with "Bob" a co-worker drinks coke like a banshee and he is cool. I cannot even find BOB!

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

We had cigarette machines back then too. Those were the days, when a 9-year-old kid didn't have to steal his mom's smokes, he could just go down and buy his own. Big Grin

There is a famous story from my high school days. Went to a Catholic all male military school. One of the priests was gifted a six pack of expensive German beer, which he foolishly decided to store in the bottom of one of those rack coolers. Some of my more industrious classmates using shoelaces, managed to lasso the beer bottles and lift them into the rack, where they liberated them for a quarter. The cheaper ones among them, simply popped the tops and drank them through a straw.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post