SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Discontinued Products
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discontinued Products Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
They track my purchases, using credit card information, and discontinue the products that I buy, just to piss me off. It's the only reasonable explanation. I will have to start using cash instead of credit cards, maybe they won't be able to track me that easily.

Examples:

Dunkin' Donuts:
  • Iced coffee Keurig K-Cups
  • Salt bagels
  • Smoked salmon cream cheese
  • Chive & onion cream cheese
  • Big soft pretzels

Chico-Fil-A:
  • Breakfast spice chicken biscuits
  • Pull-apart cinnamon buns
  • Cole slaw

Aldi: Many things that I go there for are out of stock, usually for weeks. Current biggie is their Pueblo brand tortilla strips. Way better than the other brands. The Aldi copy of Mission brand.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Chick Fila now has sweet and spicy Srirachi sauce, though, so it tends to balance out. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
CfFA discontinued the spicy biscuits around here too, so I went back to not caring about breakfast. I didn't notice that they'd started offering them again.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
They track my purchases, using credit card information, and discontinue the products that I buy, just to piss me off. It's the only reasonable explanation. I will have to start using cash instead of credit cards, maybe they won't be able to track me that easily.

<snip>

You too? Local grocery store does that to me all the time. Drives me batshit.

Wife and I have gotten into the habit that if we find something we like, we buy a case or three cuz chances are they'll quit stocking it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:

We will just track you via facial recognition.

/Skynet

quote:
Breakfast spice chicken biscuits

Annoys the heck out of me. They are still available in limited markets, like my local area still has them. But I most often get breakfast when I am traveling.

The Spicy Chicken Biscuit are my third favorite breakfast item behind a quality breakfast tacos and kolaches. With the later two only really available in areas where I don't live.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Wife and I have gotten into the habit that if we find something we like, we buy a case or three cuz chances are they'll quit stocking it.

That wouldn't work for me. Walmart discontinued their $8.99 uncooked 16 inch sausage pizza that we would bring home and eat for three days, but there's only so much room in the freezer.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco won't make you any happier. As soon as I find a product and fall in love, I'm then left to wonder if it will ever appear again.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
Costco won't make you any happier. As soon as I find a product and fall in love, I'm then left to wonder if it will ever appear again.
Hah! I'm going to Costco in an hour or so to check on 6 volt golf cart batteries. Need a half dozen. Anybody making any bets on this?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Either they discontinue the good products, or "improve" them until they're no longer useable.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:

We will just track you via facial recognition. /Skynet

Nuh uh!

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hah! I'm going to Costco in an hour or so to check on 6 volt golf cart batteries. Need a half dozen. Anybody making any bets on this?
It's easy to tell with Costco. They put an asterisk in the upper right corner of the product tag when the item won't be re-ordered:

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:

We will just track you via facial recognition. /Skynet

Nuh uh!

Well we have new 4K cameras maybe it is time to implement retina scanning from them.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
The other reason products get cancelled - other than just to tick V-Tail off - seems to be related to getting good reviews from Consumer Reports.

Getting top marks from CR seems to be a certain precursor to a model's discontinuation. Frown

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to keep a deodorant scent. Right Guard seems to change them every couple months and I have to figure out which stinks less.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
quote:
It's easy to tell with Costco. They put an asterisk in the upper right corner of the product tag when the item won't be re-ordered:

Thanks for the tip!

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I buy mine from EastPenn/Deka through a local distributor in Sanford, lower cost, american made, just take your batteries to them and do a swap, saved a lot of money. They are $98 each for 8V core exchange, they have two 6V with different amp ratings, which I didn't price since we don't use those but I'm guess in a similar price range

They are between SR46 and 17, close to the HD dealer and I-4 in a business complex.

American Battery
4200 Church St #1030,
Sanford, FL 32771
Phone: (407) 321-8843
Hours: Open today · 8AM–5PM

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shaving Cream
Razors
Twinkies ..... well they might be making a return!

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I buy mine from EastPenn/Deka through a local distributor in Sanford, lower cost, american made, just take your batteries to them and do a swap, saved a lot of money. They are $98 each for 8V core exchange, they have two 6V with different amp ratings, which I didn't price since we don't use those but I'm guess in a similar price range

American Battery
4200 Church St #1030,
Sanford, FL 32771
Phone: (407) 321-8843
Hours: Open today · 8AM–5PM
I'll keep them in mind for next time; I did not see your post until after the batteries were a done deal for me. Costco had them for $83.99 ea. There is a battery place, Millikan Batteries, on 441 just a bit south of the airport. Right at the end of the 451 Toll Road. They had them for $85, free delivery to the airport, and $75 labor (optional) to change the six batteries and clean all the corrosion from the cables. Not a difficult job, most people could do it very easily, but with my limited mobility and compromised balance it was worth it to me to pay the guy to do the work. This way he hauled the old ones away with him, so the core charge was a non-issue.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'll trailer my cart to your hanger lol

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
5.11 HRT boots
I ordered 3 pair about 10 years ago when they were being discontinued.
My last pair is on it's last leg.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post