SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sure, that's a twist off cap ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sure, that's a twist off cap ... Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
oOOOOooooOoOOOOWWWWwwww!!!

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I always have USA-made Vice Grip pliers at hand. A wonderful tool!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I have left shreds of skin on more than one bottle cap, before realizing it is not a twist off.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warning on Guinness bottle caps: "Use opener to enjoy safely".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
They also shred molars

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
That's why I love my LaRue 'dillo. It opens the pop tops and the twisties.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I work on the assumption that all bottles require an opener.

A couple of years ago while I was in Germany my cousin taught me how to open a beer bottle with another beer bottle. A wonderful party trick and very satisfying - if you do it right you can get a surprising amount of distance from the cap.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The 50 ml mini liquor bottles are awful. Too small for a proper grip and shallow dimpling on the cap.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has no one ever heard of a Cap Snaffler? I got one with my Veg-O-Matic.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The hardware store giveaway gizmos for opening paint cans have a neat bottle opener on the other end. I could never find mine (increasingly prevalent symptom), so I went to the Ace and the owner just gave me a handful of them. Now there's one in every room, two in the garage.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I have one of these mounted right over the kitchen sink. I remember when you'd find one in pretty much every hotel room.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post