SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Rough start to the year...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rough start to the year... Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
I hope the rest of 2018 doesn’t follow the trend of the past few days.

My wife and I were in a car accident (not our fault). We both have a messed up neck and back, and I have a concussion. One eye isn’t focusing or even moving, and the headache absolutely won’t go away. . .

I may be stating the obvious, but, WTF? If you already had a complete medical evaluation, what did doc say? If not, get yourself evaluated pronto.

Yes if your eye isn’t moving as in you have an orbital entaprment you need a CT of your face and head STAT! Post concussive syndrome can leave you with some intermittent headaches, nausea, and intermittent blurred vision but it shouldn’t effect the extra ocular movements of the eye itself. Was it a rear end collision? Airbags deploy?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Prayers, Maestro.

Just incase you missed it, take a look at Dusty78's post above mine.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you, to Mrs. Maestro, and to Georgia. When you get a chance, please let us know how y'all are doing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Update:

My wife is doing fairly well. She has some back pain, but our chiropractor is making good progress with her.

My head is better. My neurologist had me get a CT today. He thinks that I have a mild concussion and is checking the CT to be sure it’s nothing more serious. My eye is focusing better, and my other doctor said that it is moving better now.

Georgia (our beagle) has been having good days and rough days. I would like to see her fight a little bit more, but we are keeping her medicated as she heals. There has been slow progress, so that’s encouraging.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers...it’s so wonderful to be a part of this community.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Glad you all are heading in the right direction. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a quick and full recovery for all of you Maestro. Glad to hear all are improving!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Good to see it looks like everybody's on the mend, Maestro!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Maestro, I don't spend a lot of time in WYD so didn't see this. I'm glad you've gotten the proper evaluation, that's scary as hell. Any post-concussion symptoms, like dizziness, loss of balance, ongoing headache? I know more than I would like about this as our son got a concussion in an MVA while in high school.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Maestro. I've had one concussion in this life and it was no joke. Don't want another. Be well.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent your way Maestro.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post