SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sunrun Solar
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sunrun Solar Login/Join 
posted
I had solar put on my home in 2014 though the Costco program with Sunrun as the vendor.

Initially there were some issues with the time it took to install and start up but since then it has been pretty good, until last week....

Last Wednesday my wife noticed one of my two inverters was making a strange noise and a light was flashing.

I called and after trying a reboot I was told I needed a tech to come out. No worries, let's schedule an appointment....nope, not that easy....it will be 3-5 days until someone can actually call you to schedule.

This AM, after not hearing from anyone, I called and after about 30 minutes I finally got through to scheduling only to be told that they are 30 days out right now and that is the best they can do!

WTF!!!!

My system is running at 50%, they are not offering me any reduction in my monthly lease payment and, even more aggravating, if we had not noticed the alarm how long would it have been until this assclowns decided to let me know I had an issue.

As I got this through Costco I am going to call/stop by later today and if there is a Sunrun booth at Costco I might get a little vocal.

My guess is the market is so saturated with providers that they do not have the tech to go around but, that said, this is a them problem, not a mew problem.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
LOL - these are the same clown who, on a house near mine, installed 15 panels on the sloped roof line of the garage and main house facing north - AND there's about 10 60'+ tall Italian Cypress planted ten feet from the house's western wall (positioned WSW from the panels).

It's as though they used an Australian compass to determine the house's best location for mounting the panels.

They (SUNRUN) actually uses that house as an advertisement!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
System is not working properly and unable to schedule service for a month or more?

That's time for a letter from your lawyer, telling Sunrun that lease payments will be suspended until the system is running properly.

Maybe see if Costco can do anything for you, as the first step, before paying lawyer to write a letter.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
System is not working properly and unable to schedule service for a month or more?

That's time for a letter from your lawyer, telling Sunrun that lease payments will be suspended until the system is running properly.

Maybe see if Costco can do anything for you, as the first step, before paying lawyer to write a letter.

Yes, speaking with Costco will be first step and i will go from there.

Seems more than a few people are unhappy with them so some social media might get me some mileage as well

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, possible progress...Costco is looking into options for me as it was their program and they still have a relationship with Sunrun and I got some response to a social media post I made but so far it looks like pure posturing by Sunrun to make it look like they are doing the right thing