SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Update: Brownells went above and beyond fixing issue. //Thanks, Brownells, for selling me...well, I'm not quite sure what you sold me.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update: Brownells went above and beyond fixing issue. //Thanks, Brownells, for selling me...well, I'm not quite sure what you sold me. Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted
Now, I understand that accidents happen. And generally I'm okay with waiting for the vendor to make things right. But in this particular case, their customer service isn't available on Sunday (according to the website) and time is/was of the essence with this order.

My dander is up because it was the vendor's description of the item that caused the issue. I ordered a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 WITH the soft loop. I received the soft loop and a right/left claw and...that's it. No actual trigger guard cover.

Wait...my holster arrived with no holster? Pretty much. The package was in good shape and sealed...just no holster. So where the hell is it?

At first, I thought this was my mistake because the instructions in the packaging refer to it as an "advanced kit upgrade." Maybe it's just these extra parts? But I paid $45 for it. The holster itself with no loop or claws on Brownell's is only $20. So either two pieces of plastic and a belt loops cost more than twice the actual trigger cover, or I'm missing a piece.

Here's a LINK to just the holster for $20. Advertisement text: "The VanGuard 2 is a minimalist IWB holster. Unlike traditional IWB holsters, the VG2 covers only the trigger guard of your weapon. This unique design eliminates the bulk of a traditional holster, while providing a level of safety and security not attainable by simply sticking a pistol in the waistband of your pants. Trigger cover, no loops."

Here's a LINK to what I ordered, the Vanguard 2 with soft loop. Advertisement text: "The VanGuard 2 Advanced Kit is a capability upgrade to our venerable VanGuard 2 minimalist IWB holster. Unlike traditional IWB holsters, the VG2 covers only the trigger guard of your weapon. This unique design eliminates the bulk of a traditional holster, while providing a level of safety and security not attainable by simply sticking a pistol in the waistband of your pants. The VG2 Advanced Kit’s inclusion of the RCS CLAW takes this system’s concealability to the next level, by leveraging the grip of the pistol close to the body, while still allowing for a clean, repeatable draw. Trigger cover, no loops."

Here's a LINK to just the holster again...at a price of $35. What? Exactly. The same holster listed twice at two different prices. I'm not sure who is keying in their ads, but some oversight on the process might be beneficial.

So, based on the ad itself, I don't think I was wrong in assuming I was ordering the holster along with the soft loop.

As it is, I'm buying the holster on Amazon because I need it here in a hurry and returning this kit. Brownell's is still a great company and I'm sure I'll order from them in the future. However, this particular transaction has been quite the disappointment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Monk,

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
What's a right/left claw?

Maybe they sent you the Super Minimalist Deluxe Holster.

I hope you get it all straightened without too much grief. I hate fixing things like that, very frustrating.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I've been buying loads of ammo from Brownells lately. In the last month easily over 2,000 rounds. Someone here turned me onto them and I lost all control.

No tax, free shipping (if you spend enough -- it's $50 this month), and I even caught some $20 off "if you spend X" deals too.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
What's a right/left claw?

Maybe they sent you the Super Minimalist Deluxe Holster.

I hope you get it all straightened without too much grief. I hate fixing things like that, very frustrating.

http://raven-concealment-syste...olster-advanced-kit/

The claw is that plastic tab sticking out from the side. Helps press the gun into you more.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
I feel the need to update this thread with Brownells response.

I contacted them via chat on their website. The gentleman looked up my order, told me he forwarded the information to customer service, and to be expecting an email from them in the next two days.

Two days later I received an email apologizing for the mixup. Not only do I not need to send back the parts I've already received, they're sending me an entire new kit with holster. This was way beyond my expectations and certainly more than what's required to correct the issue.

Please don't think my perception of this matter is tempered by being allowed to keep the original, although incomplete, accessories kit. That is extremely generous on Brownells part and certainly a convenience to me. But it's overall customer service experience with them that has me so pleased. I was able to speak to a person about my issue. I was told to expect correspondence, which arrived on time (it's amazing how many people/companies regard punctuality as optional). There was no blame game, no putting me off, no beating around the bush. Just problem presented, problem resolved. It was everything customer service should be.

Like I said in my original bitch, I don't blame Brownells for the issue and I wasn't mad at them directly, but rather venting about the circumstances themselves. Brownells has went above and beyond making this right and have definitely secured my future business. I'll also be sharing what turned out to be a really positive customer service experience with others.

You always hear when companies treat their customers poorly. I feel that it's just as important to recognize when companies value their customers and treat them with consideration. I couldn't be happier with Brownells response to my issue.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been buying loads of ammo from Brownells lately. In the last month easily over 2,000 rounds. Someone here turned me onto them and I lost all control.

No tax, free shipping (if you spend enough -- it's $50 this month), and I even caught some $20 off "if you spend X" deals too.

How much we talking about here for ammo? Target USA has free shipping and cheapest I have seen, but open to Brownells as well.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

How much we talking about here for ammo? Target USA has free shipping and cheapest I have seen, but open to Brownells as well.

IMO, great ammo deals are rare at Brownells. Now that I'm retired I have lots of time to shop on the www, and the other places generally have better prices and more frequent free shipping.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I've found a few discrepancies with Brownell's products in the past year... Like I order something and when the product arrives it is incorrect. Every time customer service was very responsive and never any wait time to talk to someone. In each case the problem was found to be a issue with the link between the customer webpage and the warehouse inventory system, so I order Product X in Black but the warehouse had it listed as Product X in Tan or whatever.

No harm no foul.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post