SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Description Writers for Alcohol
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Description Writers for Alcohol Login/Join 
Picture of Orthogonal
posted Hide Post
There is one alcoholic beverage, a wine in particular whose taste has been accurately captured by it's name, viz., Retsina, the Grecian wine that expresses strong 'notes' of turpentine diluted with ethanol and water.
Big Grin

Posts: 519 | Registered: May 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Here you go, V-Tail.

It's a cheeky little North Coast cab, with pretensions of greater things; subtle hints of vanilla and tobacco kiss the palate at inception growing into waves of robust fruit and tannins capturing the essence of the strong cabernet grape, with noticeable earth and oak undertones. At the dry finish, graced with notes of rich blackberry, one is reminded of the parched hill sides on which this grape grows, competing with wild fruits for its sustenance. Pairs well with beef and lamb; sophisticated but not pretentious. A solid 91
Yeah, that should do it! Thank you. I have until the dinner date, January 12, to memorize it. Unfortunately, our previous president ran off with all the teleprompters.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Good friend in the Midwest was relating a story about visiting another guy I know in California and the california guy (who does not drink alcohol) had given him a bottle of wine from a local place and then called him a few months later and asked if he had tried the wine yet. The midwest guy then proceeded to tell him he had actually just opened the bottle and was trying a glass and let me describe it to you... he then proceeded to do the verbal dance we have been discussing.. berries, spices and chocolates... and such then the hint of the flowers than grow on the hillside by the vinard and he then finished up with; "but you need to tell the guy running the vineyard that the intake valve to the #3 cylinder in his Ford tractor is fowled......."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
and he then finished up with; "but you need to tell the guy running the vineyard that the intake valve to the #3 cylinder in his Ford tractor is fowled......."

Love it! Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post