SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    McDonald’s Kiosks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McDonald’s Kiosks Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
There are any number of other options for acquiring food that are just as easy and just as quick, while being healthier, better quality, less apt to get screwed up, and quite often cheaper.
Not always. It kind of depends on where you are. There might not be any other options.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
There's an easy solution to all these various gripes about different aspects of fast food: Don't eat fast food!

This totally. I know my family eats way too much of it. I'm overweight and need to stop, and its expensive anymore as well. My wife and I have been talking that this needs to get cut out for money and health reasons.

It will be hard giving up my morning Taco Bell crunchwraps, I love those. The rest I probably wont miss too much

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's an easy solution to all these various gripes about different aspects of fast food: Don't eat fast food!

With the exception of Chick-Fil-A, which I eat at a few times per year (and which we all know is in a whole different league when it comes to quality/service/etc.), I can count on one hand the number of times I've eaten at a fast food restaurant in the past decade, and I'd still have fingers left over.

There are any number of other options for acquiring food that are just as easy and just as quick, while being healthier, better quality, less apt to get screwed up, and quite often cheaper.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. The other option is making it yourself. In that case you only have yourself to blame. I NEVER took my children to fast food places when they were young. They either ate at home or at a nice sit down restaurant. It helped them learn social skills.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We gave up on McDonald's food all together years ago and only go to Wendy's or Arby's for fast food and a local chain called Zip's. Those places seem to know how to hire competent help and the food is much better. No kiosks in any of them either. Yeah, the food is more expensive but worth it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
They have twice given us sandwiches with no meat, just a bun with ketchup and lettuce.

How??? Eek

You wouldn't think someone would pick that sandwich up and think "this is a little light" and take a look inside to see why?

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
They have twice given us sandwiches with no meat, just a bun with ketchup and lettuce.

How??? Eek

You wouldn't think someone would pick that sandwich up and think "this is a little light" and take a look inside to see why?

You are presuming that their employees

1. Have two brain cells to rub together, and

2. Give a shit

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Some of you are making this harder than it is. Either because you aren't smart enough to order fast food or because you just like being an asshole to some poor dumbass minimum wage worker.

Some minimum wage workers are pieces of shit who don't have the intelligence or desire to be anything else but some are just high school kids trying to make a buck. Either way I don't need to fuck with them to feel better about myself.

Yup. You are not going advance your social agenda by harrassing the McD's clerk.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How??? Eek

It has happened to me too. I got the two cheeseburger meal and neither had any burger.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has happened to me too. I got the two cheeseburger meal and neither had any burger.

I'm just wondering what combination of lazy-incompetence that is. I mean, that's some next level shit there.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm just wondering what combination of lazy-incompetence that is. I mean, that's some next level shit there.

Yes it is. Hence, my disdain for McDonalds.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

With the exception of Chick-Fil-A... (and which we all know is in a whole different league when it comes to quality/service/etc.).

This!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

With the exception of Chick-Fil-A... (and which we all know is in a whole different league when it comes to quality/service/etc.).

This!

I don't even count Chick-Fil-A as fast food. It doesn't fit the fast food narrative, it's too good to be considered fast food.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Don't blame McDonald's, blame these idiots screeching about $15 an hour to take your order or flip burgers.

All Micky D is doing is getting ahead of this.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
last week at the self checkout at WalMart,

I was 4th in line to get to a check out machine,

I turned around to the fella behind me and asked if
he remembered 8 years ago , when everyone walked right past them and said " that crap will never fly"

he smiled and said , yes I remember that,
and
Wal Mart has trained us well

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Don't blame McDonald's, blame these idiots screeching about $15 an hour to take your order or flip burgers.

Yeah, it's not like we didn't see this coming. I haven't actually seen one of these kiosks yet, but then I seldom ever actually walk into a fast food joint, I'm a drive-thru kind of guy. Joe Pesci quotes notwithstanding, I've only rarely had anybody make a mistake on my order.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
I like fast food, give me Whataburger, Wendys, Burger King, and I'm happy.

Offer me McD's free and I'd turn it down.

Why?

It's terrible fast food.

Easy.

Go anywhere but McD's slopholes.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Was at a McD's out of town and the older lady taking our order was messing it up bad. She would repeat the order and it did not resemble any thing we asked for. Wife was losing it so we finally got it right with her after several tries.
A couple weeks later I stopped in a McD's and they had the new kiosk. Wow! Got my order right first time. Only problem is that humans still cook and assemble the order. Small mistake but still a mistake. I will be satisfied when the whole process is automated.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
All the Wawa's around here have gone to touch-screen kiosks for ordering hoagies and sandwiches etc which cuts the screw-up factor down to nearly nothing. You hit the touch screen button for the type of hoagie you want, then customize it to your liking and it literally spells it out to the sandwich maker if you ever look at the receipt, down to how many slices of tomato a Classic hoagie gets, for example.

The only thing I wish they had but they don't is an "extra" button. There's no way to specify "extra hot peppers" except for trying to flag the often very busy sandwich person down and tell them to "put extra peppers on #245".

I can see these kiosks helping to cut down on the amount of screwed up orders McDonald's puts out too.

When I'm going through the drive thru there and order my usual "iced coffee, ONLY CREAM", it seems to confuse the crap out of them, there's a long pause then "you want liquid sugar with that too?"

NO! What part of "ONLY CREAM" do you not understand? It's gotten to where I have to to a quick taste test before I pull away to make sure they didn't add EXTRA sugar. Mad

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I agree with this! Minimum wage is a joke I believe there ARE people worth paying $2 an hour because they’re worthless. The argument that someone can’t live off $8 minimum wage is true, but YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE A LIVING OFF MINIMUM WAGE!

I don’t have a problem with kiosks anywhere as long as it keeps costs lower for the end consumer... I don’t like McDonald’s, but if I did then I wouldn’t want to pay $15 for a meal because some idiot behind the counter thinks they should make $15/hour

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I already don't even like ATMs, self-pay gas pumps and credit card machines. Everyone of them is different and involves a learning curve. Same for self-checkout.

The Orbit Cafe at Kennedy Space Center has kiosks. We spent 10 minutes trying to order food for 5 people and then it wouldn't give us our annual pass holder discount. So we had to start over with a real person. It took two minutes. Three of the meals were exactly the same, but in they had to be placed individually and you had to go through all of the options. You couldn't just hit 3 slices of cheese pizza, 3 juices and be done with it.

If we take it a step further, how long will it be before we start assembling the food ourselves at McDonalds?

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post