SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Someone Wants To Cost Their Company Bunches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone Wants To Cost Their Company Bunches Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
At full lock, I almost still hit her and if I had hit her, the UPS truck would have nailed us both.

Yes, I would have went for broke over this if I had made full contact.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Fme5-PzeiOk

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
You do know that important people have important places to be?

Nice job dodging that bullet. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I bet the company would like to get a copy of this.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm sure your truck was too small for her to see. Probably didn't see you at all.

It's all I got.... Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I bet the company would like to get a copy of this.

Yes!!!

And tell them you've posted it on Youtube for the whole world to see!!!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I had a garbage truck make the same type move in front of me a month or two ago. I pulled over since it was a close one anyway, and shit on my passenger seat went flying. The driver got out and started yelling at me getting super defensive.

I called the company and their "answering service" took my name and complaint and no one ever called back. I tried calling back again and no one answered. Guess they just send all complaints about their drivers into the "ignore" box.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish there would have been audio, I'll bet it was colorful to say the least.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
All I could manage was stupid bitch.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possible (but no less stupid) explanation:
Idiot saw the semi coming and thought, "I don't want to follow this truck on this two lane, I will never be able to pass it". And then pulled out in front of you to "beat" the truck.
I often see this in the Yoop where log trucks are involved.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The truck driver just shook his head.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Probably was concerned about beating that semi and never saw you. I've seen a dash cam from a fire engine running lights and siren KOing a car that pulled out in front of it and the driver doesn't seem to see it coming.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
And another idiot on the same road.

I get nailed for my back tire supposedly "touching the fog line" and this asshole is going to fucking KILL someone and nothing.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/bGdJ7cHBuHU

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
What is a fog line and does it effect the story? (Serious q)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
What is a fog line and does it effect the story? (Serious q)
I believe that the "fog line" is the white line that marks the right hand side of the driving lane; it designates the border between the driving lane and the shoulder of the road. I had never heard that term until Marzy mentioned it in a post, a while ago.

As far as how it affects the story, Marzy said that a cop stopped him because his tire "touched the fog line." I don't remember whether he was ticketed for that alleged offense, or if it was a warning, but I think it was a ticket. I'm not positive.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I'm sure your truck was too small for her to see. Probably didn't see you at all.

It's all I got.... Smile

This why I have stopped riding motorcycles...cell phones=preoccupied unattentive drivers=shit like this Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
All I could manage was stupid bitch.

So that's what I heard.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of dash cam are you using?

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
What kind of dash cam are you using?

Garmin DriveAssist50

Eeewwww, don't touch it!