SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cabelas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabelas Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Thank you very much for discontinuing my jeans you sonsabitches!

Been buying and wearing these things for better than ten years. At $20/pair, they were the best fitting, best wearing jeans I've had since the old American made Levis.

Now I've got to go on a search, and spend a shit ton of money, trying to find new jeans that fit me like I like and wear well. DAMMIT!

I'm blaming BassPro for this shit. Things were cruising along just fine until that outfit took over.

Hey BassPro!

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the exception of a Unicorn deal on a GOTM P225 I stumbled across at the Dundee store, I spend no more money ay Cabelas.
Why?
They quit sending me the big catalog, despite me spending lots of $$$. I even called and asked for one. They said it would be 10 bucks. I sent the 10 bucks. Catalog never came.
They discontinued a lot of the taller sized pants I liked and had worn for years.
Now I buy from Duluth.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Do those diluth really make your nuts feel so good you want to dance?

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually get tactical pants now. Jeans are so hard to find, that actually fit, and way too expensive. With the tacticals I have many pockets with velcro that make riding the motorcycle easier. Also, many have the expandable elastic waistband I find, uh, useful.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
It’s a good thing that regular Wranglers from Wally’s fit me. I figure when Walmart quits carrying those, it’s the end of civilization and I’ll need to start making my own outta bear hides.

I feel your pain. I hate when something you like gets discontinued. I’m convinced this very problem is contributing to my hoarding tendencies.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I have, lets' say, super sensitive feet. Need the JUST RIGHT. For white athletic socks I spent a lot of time, but thankfully not to much money, and FOUND the perfect brand. Wilson. $5 for 5 pairs. Wore them for about a decade. Went to Modell's to get a few more bags...and they changed the socks, same brand and bag, but thick, "synthetic-cy", make my feet sweat almost immediately. Had I known a change was coming , I would have bout 20 bags and be set for decades...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I hate it when a company comes up with an “improvement” like that to something that was made just about exactly how I like it.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I usually get tactical pants now. Jeans are so hard to find, that actually fit, and way too expensive. With the tacticals I have many pockets with velcro that make riding the motorcycle easier. Also, many have the expandable elastic waistband I find, uh, useful.

And what are your favorite brands / models?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:

They do come with an ample sized ballroom.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duluth skivvies cheer up my fuzzies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been buying Carhart Jean's from Sierra Trading Post. They are marked irregular, but I can't find any defects . I think I paid $16 a pair last time

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I stumbled across at the Dundee store,

I spent a week at the Dundee store one afternoon. Gawd that place was like heaven on earth for anything and everything outdoorsy. I loved everything about it.

Next time I'm through...I'll drive right by.

So, anybody got a suggestion of where to look? 34" waist, 36" inseam. I'm Hank Hill incarnate. 6'3", 210#. Skinny legs and no ass. Try to find jeans to fit that. Big Grin

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:

They do come with an ample sized ballroom.

This is the biggest feature I look for in jeans. The ones I've bought for last decade plus were discontinued as well. I've gone through a number of tries to find loose fit jeans with amble ball room, it's freaking impossible. The damn move towards skinny jeans is ruining pants shopping for those that desire an airy comfortable area for our balls.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a thick old fashioned catalog from Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's this week. Maybe they'll print a Christmas one this year (still haven't seen mounted jackalopes yet in the Gainesville, VA store).

Gone to relaxed fit Wrangler's for jeans, and they seem to be boot cut also. Found them (of all places!) at Sears. Others are too tight in the crotch and seat, and hang too low so folks may get to see my plumber's crack if not careful how I squat....

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't know about these jeans in particular. But many jeans don't have large enough pockets. This is important when you carry a BUG in one.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
The St Louis store is sad. It's small, and in a dying mall in a bad area.

I used to love going to the Hamburg, PA store, before we moved.

Oh and the Trailhiker II pants, which I used to really like... They've gotten both enormously more expensive and lower quality at the same time. How do you do that?

The fabric is really soft and weak, you can abrade through it just by looking at it, and the stitching rips out at stress points like the corners of the pockets after very little use.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For tactical, I prefer the vert x 100 percent cotton.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Thank you very much for discontinuing my jeans you sonsabitches!

Been buying and wearing these things for better than ten years. At $20/pair, they were the best fitting, best wearing jeans I've had since the old American made Levis.

Now I've got to go on a search, and spend a shit ton of money, trying to find new jeans that fit me like I like and wear well. DAMMIT!

I'm blaming BassPro for this shit. Things were cruising along just fine until that outfit took over.

Hey BassPro!

Maybe their factory in Vietnam burned down.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Made in Mexico actually. Big Grin

Maybe The Donald pissed off Mexico so much they shut the factory down. I blame Trump! ...and BassPro.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
A lady friend remarked that her Dad said his new jeans were like a cheap hotel.

Gullibly, she replied "what"?

And her Dad replied "no ballroom"

Thanks Annie, for the great laugh.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post