SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Car Dealers (WARNING Profanity in here)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Dealers (WARNING Profanity in here) Login/Join 
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
So I'm trying to buy another car, I know, boo hoo!

I'm just going to say, if you are an automotive salesperson(see, INCLUSIVE PRONOUNS BITCHES!), do the world a favor, and kill yourself.

You are already a miserable, lying piece of shit, who makes a living by screwing people over as a matter of course. You're a loser, a failure in all honest walks of life so you find yourself in this vocation. Wouldn't it just be best to end it all and relieve the world of your wretched, petty existence?

I think so.

So when you think of ending it all this time, rest assured, I'm your cheerleader.

YOU CAN DO IT! GO GO GO! GTFO this planet already scumbag!

Mad

it's just not healthy to hold back like that

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Hehheh yeah I am not a fan of most of the new car dealers in this town.

I do like the Carmax off Tutt. That was a good experience. I think in general the farther you get away from Motor City the better the dealers were. Though never all that great.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
^^^ Totally. The best transactions I have witnessed or gone through here can only be described as "courteous rape."

quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
have you tried CarsDirect.com?

No, but I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:

What would you do differently here, Chief? Any advice other than "Well gee, WE certainly wouldn't do business like that!"

Certainly...

Well, Skippy, I can only tell you you are dealing with the wrong people and as the saying goes about catching flies with honey...

Hehe, Skippy...

I'll have you know it takes at least three instances of ignoring my questions or specs before I reveal my shiny happy side that you all have had the privilege of witnessing here.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hating the car process as much as you do consider hiring a broker for the task. Believe it or not there are people that enjoy the process and can get you a good deal.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There was a time I was thankful for car dealers. I worked in tv news for many years and in polls, SOMETIMES car dealers ranked worse than news people for least respected jobs

^^^^^^^^^^
Must be recent. There are some real idiots aka talking heads but I have never seen them at the top of the heap. The most hated are insurance salespeople and used car sales.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Don't forget the certificate for lifetime blinker fluid flush.

Not just the $1200 floormats, you'll also need the $400 front license plate holder.

Plus once you put it on, the car transforms into a cartoon buck-toothed rabbit.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Don't forget the certificate for lifetime blinker fluid flush.

You'll also need the $400 front license plate holder.

Plus once you put it on, the car transforms into a cartoon buck-toothed rabbit.

"Since front plates are mandatory here, we went ahead and drilled your front bumper for you. You are welcome!" True story. Not me. Would have stabbed...

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:

"...we went ahead and drilled your front bumper for you. You are welcome!"...

Yikes!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I once made the mistake of trying to buy a Subaru from Hoobooger in Motor City. That place is always jammed with customers who apparently don’t care how bad of an ass-reaming they’re going to get. I had to stand in the entrance and make a scene to get the motherfuckers to bring me the keys to my trade after negotiations broke down because of the ridiculous lies they were telling. Like that the salesman couldn’t tell me the cash drive out price, because he wasn’t licensed to “do tax advice”.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The folks who fail out of the car sales business must be moving into medical billing or maybe they give seminars?

Wife went in for emergency surgery in December, waiting in the lobby for a couple hours, nice lady comes to the front from the treatment area, says "Are you Mr. Soflaac? You're wife needs you"

I go back, wife is on a bed in the hallway (ER was full). No one says anything, I asked whats going on, nice lady begins to work on me for full payment........wife hasn't been seen yet.....long story short, I told her I feel like I'm buying a car here with the high pressure sales tactics. She wouldn't relent, bill is yada yada, I need so much......crazy stuff.

We agreed that they'd bill me with nothing upfront after a short convo, but the tactics were unusual I thought. Roll Eyes

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]I go back, wife is on a bed in the hallway (ER was full). No one says anything, I asked whats going on, nice lady begins to work on me for full payment........wife hasn't been seen yet.....long story short, I told her I feel like I'm buying a car here with the high pressure sales tactics. She wouldn't relent, bill is yada yada, I need so much......crazy stuff
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
More like the Mob. Pay or else. It is nothing new. Thirty six years ago I had to go through that hassle when my daughter was born. Telling me I could not leave with the newborn until I met with billing. I told them to call security that I was leaving.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
More like the Mob. Pay or else. It is nothing new. Thirty six years ago I had to go through that hassle when my daughter was born. Telling me I could not leave with the newborn until I met with billing. I told them to call security that I was leaving.

With you on that one. We first came back to south Florida in '95 from Panama City, wife had a different trip to ER for surgery while I was at work, when I got to the hospital, the folks were professional, polite, etc. The difference between now & then is striking.
The thing I dislike the most is baiting me with "Your wife needs you" when it was really an upfront billing demand before emergency treatment.

We should probably now return to DoctorSolo's journey through the travails of his Car Dealership customer dis-service experience. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the sales people get their pay through the PPP. Don't have to sell and are jealous of the people on unemployment making more than them.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So to recap the story:

Car dealer won't find/sell you the car you want?

Correct?

Your expectations were that they go out and search for you exact car specifications?

Correct?

I am curious on why they wouldn't if they could find the car.

Something seems missing in the equation (other than you or them being a dick).

Confused

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is the age of the internet. You can find your car in a matter of minutes, negotiate your deal in a matter of hours, and have that sucker delivered to your door in a matter of days.

Why dick around with your lazy local dealers?

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Monday I got a call from one of the largest Chevy Dealers in my state. LAST July I sent them $1K as a down on an ALLOCATION to buy a new C8 Corvette. They were supposed to have 42 C8 allocations and I was #8 end of July last year.

I was Assured I would get a car in 2020.

NEVER heard a word from them until Monday. YES we had the F'in STRIKE then the Chinese Communist Party virus. Both hurt production.

What has me pissed is the salesperson I spoke to NEVER had any thought I'd get a car. In reality they had MAYBE SIX allocations.

That guy now gone. The Manager called when they found dozens of C8 orders in a file! He apologized was very professional but doesn't help me with a year wasted.

I agree they tend to be scum.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
It is the age of the internet. You can find your car in a matter of minutes, negotiate your deal in a matter of hours, and have that sucker delivered to your door in a matter of days.

Why dick around with your lazy local dealers?

^^ this. Orrr Denver is only like an hour from Colorado Springs why not just drive to the dealer that has what you want? If you know exactly what you want you can probably do the whole deal via the internet and drive there and pick it up or like he said they might even bring it to you.

Do you get something special from the local dealer “getting you in touch” with the Denver dealer? Seems like a quick google search will get you a phone number and boom, you’re in touch.

I will agree the run around at dealerships and the people can suck, but this seems like an easy fix if you already found the exact car you want an hour away

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

ha ha. Reminds me of when my second daughter was born. Air evac to hospital, very premature birth, neonatal ICU for a month....the whole ten yards. They snagged me out of an elevator one day and asked me how I would like to handle the bill. I told them I would like to amortize it over the life of the child.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would look for the common denominator and reassess.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post