SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Car Dealers (WARNING Profanity in here)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Dealers (WARNING Profanity in here) Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"Yeah, but I'm sayin', that TruCoat, you don't get it and you get oxidation problems..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Re hospital billing, as related above by soflaac, ZSMICHAEL, and nasig: Just tell them that you are an illegal alien undocumented worker. The hospital will give you first class care at no charge.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
There was a time I was thankful for car dealers. I worked in tv news for many years and in polls, SOMETIMES car dealers ranked worse than news people for least respected jobs

^^^^^^^^^^
Must be recent. There are some real idiots aka talking heads but I have never seen them at the top of the heap. The most hated are insurance salespeople and used car sales.

Nope, from long ago. Just because a hateable media is so obvious these days, know that news has been pissing people off for, well, ever.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sympathize with the OP's problems, though I've never had such problems in over 50 years of buying.

Sure, back in the old days, they'd play games like "Gee, I can't find your keys right now, but let's talk a bit more about a new car and the guys will search around and find them." But telling the salesman you are leaving and telephoning the police usually gets the keys back PDQ and, of course you must leave after that. I actually never had that happen to me, but heard it from others I knew.

But we just bought two Mazda CX-5s and the experience could not have been more pleasant. I sold my Ridgeline at another dealer and, again, they could not have treated me nicer.

I dealt with another dealer here , in various name iterations, for over 20 years and never had a bad experience. Sadly, a carpetbagger (IMO) purchased the dealership and I changed to another dealer as it just felt "bad" when I stopped in on some business..

I get my routine maintenance done at the dealer because it is cheaper, is done right and, sadly, almost every good independent automotive repair place is gone.

I am a brand loyal guy. I use the same plumber, same A/C guy, same car place, and same .... That is I use them unless they do something wrong, then I just never use them again. Sadly that happened with my A/C guy after about 20 years of using him. He messed up by taking a shortcut and I didn't find it till a few days after he left. He will simply never hear from me again.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Are you a member of any organization that has a car buying service: AAA, Costco, BJs, USAA? that might make life easier

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope, from long ago. Just because a hateable media is so obvious these days, know that news has been pissing people off for, well, ever.

^^^^^^^^^
Interesting. I always had respect for guys like Huntley and Brinkley,Edward R. Murrow etc. I grew up in a large newsmarket and the broadcasters had a movie star quality. These days it is a bunch of bobbleheads reading poorly written script.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It's sounds like you are after a highly sought after, low production car. Amplify that low number with most all plants world wide being shut down for the last few months. More than likely if a dealer doesn't have it, he can't get it. Why would a dealer that has it give it to another dealer? What's the incentive? None
If you know where these cars are at, deal with them directly via email or phone

Inventory is very low right now. I am having trouble locating a 1500 WT right now, it's crazy. Can't order it right now either, they are finishing up 2020 models and ordering 2021's doesn't start for a couple of weeks

This industry as with most industries are chock full of idgits, they usually don't last. Keep trying until you get someone with some sense, ask for the sales manager maybe, a lot better chance of getting the info you need.

Car buying services are crap (Cars.com, Cars Direst, Truecar Etc.),, they are paid by the dealers to gather your info and then hand your info to the dealer, that's their job. Costco or Sams is decent choice because a set discount is already negotiated between the dealer and Costco/ Sams, hot models can be excluded so that probably won't help the OP

My number one piece of advice for buying a car is to keep the emotion out of it, think of it as a hunk of metal

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Re hospital billing, as related above by soflaac, ZSMICHAEL, and nasig: Just tell them that you are an illegal alien undocumented worker. The hospital will give you first class care at no charge.

Sad but true. These big corporate hospital groups only care about chasing that Govmint cheese

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

"Since front plates are mandatory here, we went ahead and drilled your front bumper for you. You are welcome!" True story. Not me. Would have stabbed...

Hahaha, I was buying a car in PA and I live in OH. We require front plates (well not after 7/1/20) but this was in 2018. As I was doing the paperwork, some kid was walking towards my car with a drill and plate bracket. I told them if he touches that car with the drill, I'm out and they insisted. I said I'll deal with Ohio law, no one touches that car.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Hating the car process as much as you do consider hiring a broker for the task. Believe it or not there are people that enjoy the process and can get you a good deal.

The fact that there actually IS a 'car process' that exists at all, is a Major Issue in itself! Mad

That said, I refuse to deal w/ assholes, so as this is a new car purchase, I'd deal w/ the Denver dealer that has the car via internet/phone and just plan on a nice drive when you go to pick it up! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i used to be one of the guys that went for dealers trades It was a toyota dealer and they had dealers that they would trade with and some not .. I use to go 300 miles for a trade but usually within a hundred miles . I asked once if all the trades went thru ? Inventory guy said yes they try to make sure the buyer is committed to the car they sent me for.. hope this helps

Posts: 52 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiber optic
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Since front plates are mandatory here, we went ahead and drilled your front bumper for you. You are welcome!" True story. Not me. Would have stabbed...

My wife special ordered her first new car after she graduated and started her career. Upon delivery there it was, the generic dealer advertising plate screwed to the front bumper. I was fuming. I suggested an additional percentage off the sale price since the car was now needlessly a rolling advertisement for them. Their excuses were softer than 10-ply toilet paper but their repair was good. It should be noted there are no front plates issued in our state.

Learn and love and to do
What it takes to step through

Posts: 1385 | Registered: November 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife special ordered her first new car after she graduated and started her career. Upon delivery there it was, the generic dealer advertising plate screwed to the front bumper. I was fuming. I suggested an additional percentage off the sale price since the car was now needlessly a rolling advertisement for them. Their excuses were softer than 10-ply toilet paper but their repair was good. It should be noted there are no front plates issued in our state.

When I bought my current car, used, they stuck one of those peel and stick plaques with their name on the back. I thought about making a stink about the free advertising but I was tired of dealing with them, so I went home brought out the heat gun and promptly peeled it off. F them!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiber optic:
quote:

Hahaha, went through something similar with my 2004 GTO (the first one).

Found the car, made the deal, and went back to finalize the p-work. During this time, the dealer took the car for a "quick wash and prep."

Before I signed the bottom line, we all went out to look at the car one last time... and there was the newly installed front license plate bracket.

My exact words, "either take an additional $5k off the price due to the cost to replace and repaint the parts you damaged, sell me that car over there (same optioned car without a bracket yet installed) for $2K less than this car or, this deal is off. You have two minutes to decide."

They sold me the other car for $2K less. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last new cars I bought came with the dealer plate around the rear license tag. I asked the dealership manager for a 10% discount on parts and accessories, since my car was now a rolling ad for their business.

My request was refused, so off came the dealer tag.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Every car I've purchased from a dealer had written on the purchase document or order "no front plate or mounts to be installed, no dealer or other stickers on car". I've emphasized each time that if they can't manage their own staff well enough to avoid that I'll have to leave the car with them.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We had a walk-around visual inspection before the final paperwork was done.

I pointed at the dealer decal on the back of the car and said, "That's a deal breaker."

They removed it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
It is the age of the internet. You can find your car in a matter of minutes, negotiate your deal in a matter of hours, and have that sucker delivered to your door in a matter of days.

Why dick around with your lazy local dealers?

This, my most recent car purchase was waaay too easy. I had driven it....thought about for a month. One Saturday morning I asked the salesperson a couple questions via text and by 1500 that day the car was delivered to my home.

There again...I bought my xterra because the Toyota dealership pissed me off...." that truck is not in stock (it was on their website) but do you really need that truck with that package?" I was gobsmacked

Call the Nissan salesman with my offer, he agreed and it picked it up the next day.

Had a pretty good experience buying my wifes car last year as well. Like to OP I was looking for a very specific car and found it....put down $1000 site unseen to hold it. Next day l am at the dealership when the sales manager came up and said " Mr dewhorse I ( smart guy) have a problem, due to a computer data issue the car you put money down on was sold already"

To which I replied " ok, how are you going to solve your issue?"

30 minutes later he had found a new version, the other was a CPO, in the color my wife wanted and through some very good numbers juggling brought the price down to $2k of the used model. Had it delivered from another dealer in 48 hours.

Sloppy data keeping but smart sales manager

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
1978 Fairbanks , Alaska.. US Army stationed 110 miles from dealership. Ford F-250 4x4 Ranger heavy suspension w/heavy mud grip tires. When asked about spare tire/wheel was told that was extra cost = my reply was good bye. Several days later salesman called and tire/wheel at no cost== told them I would be in town on Saturday== No rear bumper == $250 extra for a step bumper so I walked out. Couple of days later salesman called and said no charge for bumper and would be in town on saturday. upon arrival there was a stenciled (engraved) dealership name across rear of bumper and when seen said no deal and walked out. Couple days later salesman called again and said I would be in town on saturday. WHen I say truck the matching spare tire and clean step bumper were ok except a dealership badge was pop rivited to tailgate. Found a matching CLEAN tailgate and told the salesman that he had 5 minutes to switch out tailgates and I would not be coming back. he must have thought I was kidding untill I was reaching for the front door he went out and personally switched tailgates..Give me what I want or iam walking. .................drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.carsforsale.com/Se...&OrderDirection=desc

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post