SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Rollin' Coal"?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Rollin' Coal"? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Just further evidence of an out of control government. It doesn't matter what you do, there's a law out there somewhere that they can use to charge you with.

Well, they've gotta have something fancier than "just being a douche" to charge people with. Wink

I hate to admit it, but this is one of the funniest rolling coal videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9vLNbFMPr4

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Pray tell, what the driver would be charged with?
Mopery on the high seas?

Well played!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That video is illustrative of the trend around here. Some dipshit kid with too much money doing something they're too stupid to realize they shouldn't do.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:
Have a 2000 Dodge with 5.9 Cummings.

Walkinghorse,

I am about to inherit that exact same truck from my uncle. 170k miles on the clock. Anything you could tell me about it would be very helpful. I have been driving gas engine Fords for 15 years. I have several friends that are shop owners / ASE certified master techs and they all tell me the same thing: the tranny will grenade somewhere around 200k. Have you experienced that?

I minimized the transmission issue by getting it updated with a triplelock converter and several other parts. The shop also changed the fluid from the dodge fluid to a GM fluid with a trans additive to eliminate the soft shifts that created more heat. You can definitely feel the harder shifts. The other issue for this generation II trucks is the fuel pumps. They tend to fail, putting the fuel loading on the injection pump. A fuel pressure gauge allows you to observe when the transfer pump is failing. Multiple ways to fix this but you want to protect the injector pump as it is around $1400 for the part. The joke? at the time was great engine surrounded by a Dodge. Install a turbo boost gauge and a pyrometer for exhaust gas temperatures, plus the fuel pressure guage and you can monitor things better. I have had great service for these parts from Gensgarage.com , out of Atlanta.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
I minimized the transmission issue by getting it updated with a triplelock converter and several other parts. The shop also changed the fluid from the dodge fluid to a GM fluid with a trans additive to eliminate the soft shifts that created more heat. You can definitely feel the harder shifts. The other issue for this generation II trucks is the fuel pumps. They tend to fail, putting the fuel loading on the injection pump. A fuel pressure gauge allows you to observe when the transfer pump is failing. Multiple ways to fix this but you want to protect the injector pump as it is around $1400 for the part. The joke? at the time was great engine surrounded by a Dodge. Install a turbo boost gauge and a pyrometer for exhaust gas temperatures, plus the fuel pressure guage and you can monitor things better. I have had great service for these parts from Gensgarage.com , out of Atlanta.

Jim

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
We're handling a claim right now where one of these douchebags driving a diesel Jetta, of all things, rolled coal and caused a serious accident. After finding out he posted videos of himself doing it all over the web, he still claims he doesn't know what rolling coal is.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post