SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Celebrity Endorsement Advertisements!?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Celebrity Endorsement Advertisements!? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Endorsements of any kind are wasted on me . I don't care if they use the products or even like the products .

I agree I could care less what product some celebrity endorses. I'll complete my own research and then make a decision to purchase or not purchase a product.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
No quite the opposite for me.

If Foster Brooks wasn't such a drunk, he may have been able to get a hard on.

Foster Brooks wasn't a drunk. He played a drunk, but in reality he hadn't drank for years.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.businessinsider.co...-endorsements-2018-3

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
And, of course, the more exposure he gets, the more well known he is, the more he's worth to advertisers.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The problem with this is that, they may never actually use or like the product their advertising, they just getting paid to advertise it.

Or in a related sense, if they use a product from a company sponsoring them, it may not be the product you can buy in the store. It may be a special, highly customized item tailored specifically for them.

So even if the endorser has some relationship to the product, I don't take it at face value.

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I'm going to honestly say it depends.

Jerry Miculek endorsing guns, ammo, gun parts... Yeah, I'll take his word for it.

Rusty Wallace, Kyle Busch want to talk to me about oil, auto parts, engines...
I'm all ears.

Some NBA, MLB, NFL star wants to pontificate about basketballs, how well under-armor works...
I'll listen.

But if any of them want to sell me insurance, talk about the benefits of a reverse mortgage, or what the best flea collar for my dog is...
Keep walking, cause I ain't buying.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

But I’m very skeptical of any obvious advertising by some “personality.” “Gunny endorsed” is always one that jumps to mind. Yes, he was a Marine, but he was mostly a movie actor and I know nothing about him to believe that he was an expert on ammunition, firearms or their maintenance any more than I am myself.

When I saw this commercial of Gunny fawning over John Wayne, I realized R Lee Ermey had turned into a shameless huckster.

But I don't blame ex-mil guys like him or Bear Grylls. They can laugh all the way to the bank due to their larger-than-life screen personae. It's not as if they were committing Stolen Valor.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as I saw Tiger Woods driving a Buick I knew that I had to have one. He's like a famous golfer, so I figured that I would be a great golfer if I had a Buick but I'm not sure that it worked. Wait...what kind of refrigerator does he have? Maybe that would make me better.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Tiger replaced Paul Harvey. And now the rest of the story.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Austrailian Dream, no.

Aveeno, maybe.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Austrailian Dream, no.

Aveeno, maybe.

Wow, and Ol' Chucky is hawking Blue Emu now.

"Forget the imitators" Eek

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a major Tom Selleck fan but I very much doubt he has a reverse mortgage.

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I am 64, at this point in my life I pretty much know what I like and don't like. I couldn't care less about what some "celebrity" says about anything.

The reality is that I value the perspectives of people on Sigforum and a small number of other forums far more than any celebrity.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
When I see a celebrity endorsement, I am surprised that the old fuck pushing the product is still alive. Good way for me to keep track of who is above ground still.

Posts: 5297 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
When I see a celebrity endorsement, I am surprised that the old fuck pushing the product is still alive. Good way for me to keep track of who is above ground still.

Jimmy Dean ?

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post