Celebrity Endorsement Advertisements!?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/1220089854

July 18, 2019, 11:04 AM
calugo
Celebrity Endorsement Advertisements!?
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Endorsements of any kind are wasted on me . I don't care if they use the products or even like the products .

I agree I could care less what product some celebrity endorses. I'll complete my own research and then make a decision to purchase or not purchase a product.
July 28, 2019, 10:10 PM
houndawg
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
No quite the opposite for me.

If Foster Brooks wasn't such a drunk, he may have been able to get a hard on.

Foster Brooks wasn't a drunk. He played a drunk, but in reality he hadn't drank for years.
July 29, 2019, 12:36 PM
bendable
https://www.businessinsider.co...-endorsements-2018-3

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
July 29, 2019, 03:40 PM
BBMW
And, of course, the more exposure he gets, the more well known he is, the more he's worth to advertisers.

quote:

July 29, 2019, 03:43 PM
BBMW
The problem with this is that, they may never actually use or like the product their advertising, they just getting paid to advertise it.

Or in a related sense, if they use a product from a company sponsoring them, it may not be the product you can buy in the store. It may be a special, highly customized item tailored specifically for them.

So even if the endorser has some relationship to the product, I don't take it at face value.

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I'm going to honestly say it depends.

Jerry Miculek endorsing guns, ammo, gun parts... Yeah, I'll take his word for it.

Rusty Wallace, Kyle Busch want to talk to me about oil, auto parts, engines...
I'm all ears.

Some NBA, MLB, NFL star wants to pontificate about basketballs, how well under-armor works...
I'll listen.

But if any of them want to sell me insurance, talk about the benefits of a reverse mortgage, or what the best flea collar for my dog is...
Keep walking, cause I ain't buying.

July 29, 2019, 09:08 PM
iron chef
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

But I’m very skeptical of any obvious advertising by some “personality.” “Gunny endorsed” is always one that jumps to mind. Yes, he was a Marine, but he was mostly a movie actor and I know nothing about him to believe that he was an expert on ammunition, firearms or their maintenance any more than I am myself.

When I saw this commercial of Gunny fawning over John Wayne, I realized R Lee Ermey had turned into a shameless huckster.

But I don't blame ex-mil guys like him or Bear Grylls. They can laugh all the way to the bank due to their larger-than-life screen personae. It's not as if they were committing Stolen Valor.
July 30, 2019, 10:05 PM
sigspecops
As soon as I saw Tiger Woods driving a Buick I knew that I had to have one. He's like a famous golfer, so I figured that I would be a great golfer if I had a Buick but I'm not sure that it worked. Wait...what kind of refrigerator does he have? Maybe that would make me better.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
July 30, 2019, 10:13 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Yeah. Tiger replaced Paul Harvey. And now the rest of the story.
August 02, 2019, 09:17 PM
mikeyspizza
Austrailian Dream, no.

Aveeno, maybe.

August 02, 2019, 09:32 PM
tgtshuter
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Austrailian Dream, no.

Aveeno, maybe.

Wow, and Ol' Chucky is hawking Blue Emu now.

"Forget the imitators" Eek
August 04, 2019, 08:14 PM
Gene Hillman
I'm a major Tom Selleck fan but I very much doubt he has a reverse mortgage.
August 05, 2019, 10:01 AM
SPWAMike0317
I am 64, at this point in my life I pretty much know what I like and don't like. I couldn't care less about what some "celebrity" says about anything.

The reality is that I value the perspectives of people on Sigforum and a small number of other forums far more than any celebrity.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?
August 12, 2019, 09:27 PM
blueye
When I see a celebrity endorsement, I am surprised that the old fuck pushing the product is still alive. Good way for me to keep track of who is above ground still.
August 13, 2019, 06:44 AM
walkinghorse
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
When I see a celebrity endorsement, I am surprised that the old fuck pushing the product is still alive. Good way for me to keep track of who is above ground still.

Jimmy Dean ?

Jim