SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What Is This "Clap Back" Business And How Did It Go Mainstream?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is This "Clap Back" Business And How Did It Go Mainstream? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Saw an article this weekend and the whole "clap back" thing bugs the shit out of me. Roll Eyes

I can't find the actual article now but it basically went like this:

Apple finally ditching butterfly keyboard on Macbooks; Tim Cook clapped back at critics of it

Isn't clap back some sort of internet slang garbage? Now it's going mainstream. Frown

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
When I was overseas in the Navy, a bunch of guys got the 'Clap Back' but I would guess this is different.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is some some rap or hip hop BS and as we all now are forced to accept ghetto culture it has found its way into mainstream media

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Ass clap?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, ghetto hood rat slang.

https://www.urbandictionary.co...ne.php?term=clapback

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
When I was overseas in the Navy, a bunch of guys got the 'Clap Back' but I would guess this is different.

When I was leaving Korea, before we boarded ship Medics made sure we didn't bring any "Clap Back".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Ha ,most every port of call we left there was that short arm inspection two days later at sea.
That was for all us unwashed ,officers were exempt.
We always thought that was strange and to us they must be g@#%

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
PCOD
30 and a wakeup.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teens always had their own slang as well as certain cultures. People in the business world and who had social skills were expected to speak proper English. People with middle class backgrounds trying to use ghetto speech sound absurd. It is as bad as an out of shape person in their fifties wearing tight fitting yoga pants.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
"Hack" is the hip term that bugs me.

Life hack. Workshop hack.

Just say TIP.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least he didn't "slam" the critics. It seems like every headline nowadays is so and so "slammed" such and such on twitter for something they said. Feels like a bunch of middle schoolers have been put in charge of everything. Actually kids would probably do a better job.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Teens always had their own slang as well as certain cultures. People in the business world and who had social skills were expected to speak proper English.

Wasn't there a thread recently discussing all the stupid corporate speak that is used in meetings?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Y'all just aint woke. Wink

Posts: 239 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvWDNPriUY8

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Please, allow me to retort!

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I had a thought of all the eventual spin offs of "clap".

clap on
clap off
clap over
clap in
clap silly
clap mad
clap ache
clap angry
clap hat
clap ass

Add yours.

You forgot Copper Clappers...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post