SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Brilliant support at ebay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brilliant support at ebay Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted
This is the start of the conversation.

I'm not hopeful.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Those "confirmations" are typically bogus, and the links will often route you to fraudulent eBay page(s), and the purpose it to try and gather login/password to eBay and or PayPal account(s).

Unless your account has been compromised, ignore the emails.

Contacting eBay about phishing emails, are likely to be ignored by them, as there are so many generated.
Just check your purchase history to see if anything was purchased without your knowledge.

If not, ignore the email.

If so, immediately change your password and contact eBay support with the item number and date/time.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
It's not an email, it's a chat I initiated on the ebay site for an order that was not delivered.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ah. I "assumed" from your first message that it was a phishing attempt.

Nevermind.

-EmilyLitellamonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
"What's all this about Eagle Rights?"

Razz Big Grin Razz Big Grin Razz

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Nevermind.

-EmilyLitellamonkey

LOL

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
It's not an email, it's a chat I initiated on the ebay site for an order that was not delivered.

Bob - I believe the monkey was asking what initiated your chat. It sounded as though you got an email about an order you'd not made and reached out to eBay. That's the sort of phishing scam I think he was referring, though you didn't fall victim by communicating through the email notice or link therein if so.

If instead you were communicating about an actual missing order, but using an email or login different than the one to which the purchase was tied, I can see how they would start confused and continue to be.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:... I can see how they would start confused and continue to be.

Yeah, got me all confused. Big Grin

Mebbe I can get a job at the eBay!

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:

Bob - I believe the monkey was asking what initiated your chat. It sounded as though you got an email about an order you'd not made and reached out to eBay. That's the sort of phishing scam I think he was referring, though you didn't fall victim by communicating through the email notice or link therein if so.

If instead you were communicating about an actual missing order, but using an email or login different than the one to which the purchase was tied, I can see how they would start confused and continue to be.

I did not receive any email at all. The part that got me was asking for the same thing twice, then telling me it wasn't necessary.

posted Hide Post
Sherry Mae??? WtF. Ellie Mae's big sister?? Must be a southern Bot.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate those chatbots - I finally end up typing "Is this a person?"

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
eBay Escalations

Confused

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, don't porivde those at all!

They should give up while they are still behind.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post