SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    AT&T is dropping my landline service.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AT&T is dropping my landline service. Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I guess that matters if you live in Gilbert, Arizona.

It matters no matter where you live, but I thought that was obvious.

For what it's worth, we're one of the safest cities in the U.S.

– Gilbert is the second-safest city in America among the 100 largest in the nation, according to the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting Program's 2019 report released this week. These rankings are based on the total crimes per 1,000 residents.

https://www.gilbertaz.gov/Home...01%2C000%20residents.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

FAX. We need the occasional FAX.

You do realize there are like 20 different FAX apps you can get for your iPhone or Android phone and the person on the other end "faxes" to your app and you get a PDF right on your phone? Same with sending, you "fax" your document right from the app and it goes to a real or virtual fax machine on the other end.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

You do realize there are like 20 different FAX apps you can get for your iPhone
I have not found any that are a) reasonable cost, and b) are available on an "as needed" basis, rather than a monthly subscription.

Are you aware of any that meet both of these criteria?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
FIOS tech came out yesterday morning and hooked everything up. Everything went smoothly and the tv seems to have a better picture and the computer is noticeably faster. This guy was really good and knew his stuff. So far I'm a happy camper. Big Grin

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
AT&T can go pound sand. took a full 2 weeks to get the landline number that we had for 35 years released so it could be ported over to another service. ....................drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I have a fax requirement as well, and found that my voip through my cable provider allows fax transmission.

Not sure if that's an option for you, but maybe worth looking into?

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My "landline" provider, 1-Voip, also has a free fax system. I pay $30 a month for free fax & free international calls. They have less expensive plans if you do not need international.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My FAX requirements are very rare, but I do need FAX once in a while. I can send for free via https://www.gotfreefax.com but I have not found any way to receive without paying for a monthly subscription, which is overkill, because most months I do not need to receive any.

The only time that I would need to receive a FAX is those medical practices that refuse to use email for things like setting appointments, and do not have a "patient portal" that deals with appointments, and for the pharmacy that refuses to use email to notify me if prescription meds that are ordered via their app will not be ready for pickup.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
V-Tail - for infrequent faxing you might consider just using Kinko's if you have one nearby. I know they do outbound and inbound. Sure the per page cost is a buck or two, but no subscription fees or equipment needed.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post