SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Seriously, one mag?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seriously, one mag? Login/Join 
posted
Spend $599 on a new Sig 938 at the local LGS...and it only comes with one 6rnd mag...and, only one spare 6rnd mag left on the shelf.....$49.99. Smells like a racket to me.

Thank you Top Gun Supply for great pricing and your $20 online coupon. It's tough being cheap.

Posts: 198 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wait until you realize that the trigger is made out of plastic and that the main spring housing is a disposable part on the gun that is necessary for it to work..

Now I'm sure sig fixed the main spring housing issue by now but that's why I sold mine.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The one I bought last summer came with 2 mags. One with the flat base and one with the place for your pinky finger to rest.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18381 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to work for a tricky LGS guy. One of his tricks was to take any extra mags that shipped with the gun and sell them separately. And don't ask me about his DIY "Nazi Proofs".
Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15973 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Sig did supply a couple mags back in the day and depending on which model 938/238 it would have been the extended 7 rounder along with the 6 rounder. Up until this year Sig also supplied sights and slings with their rifles, not anymore.

They keep raising the cost of their products but giving the consumer less and less. Sucks.

Posts: 949 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I used to work for a tricky LGS guy. One of his tricks was to take any extra mags that shipped with the gun and sell them separately. And don't ask me about his DIY "Nazi Proofs".
Eek

Well, now see, we gotta ask about the DIY "Nazi Proofs."

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought most sig pistols were 1 mag only for several years. Bought a base 226r .40 (yeah, I know, I know...) that shipped with only one. Things changed again I guess?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2710 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well.... Since you asked:
The dude had a set of punches that had all the Nazi waffenampts and markings. An older Walther, Mauser or Luger would come in the door and right onto his workbench. Some hammering then took place, a little cold blue and bingo! Nazi proofed wartime gun. It was then placed in the showcase with the price of the genuine article on it.
Sleazy! It made me cringe. And when I worked, I would refuse to sell the bogus gun, telling the potential buyer to consult with the owner for the "expertise" he had on wartime stuff.
Why did I stay with the operation? I needed the job! And sleaziness aside, the man was a bona fide expert on pre 1960 guns, especially the Luger. I learned to appreciate the Colt SAA, the WWI and WWII 1911 and WWII rifles thanks to his sharing of his knowledge of them. The Colt Woodsman was another of his specialties. He actually offered me a couple of Woodsmans (I checked to see if they were Nazi proofed) for next to nothing, but I was not interested. Big mistake! And the biggest curse he inflicted on me was a desire to possess vintage Winchester lever guns. Which I have never been able to afford!
So... when you are fondling that Navy Colt, SAA or Nazi proofed pistol, remember this tale of sleaze.

Posts: 15973 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to CDNN online and buy some spares. Buy Mec gar, they make mags for sig.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:

They keep raising the cost of their products but giving the consumer less and less.

Just like the domestic auto makers. Guess they learned well.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18381 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've noticed a lot of the Sig Extreme models are only coming with 1 mag... we've had some 238 extremes come in they only have 1 mag and some 290 extremes only have 1 mag.... maybe it's just certain models that only come with 1 mag

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
The dude had a set of punches that had all the Nazi waffenampts and markings. An older Walther, Mauser or Luger would come in the door and right onto his workbench. Some hammering then took place, a little cold blue and bingo! Nazi proofed wartime gun. It was then placed in the showcase with the price of the genuine article on it.
Sleazy! It made me cringe. And when I worked, I would refuse to sell the bogus gun, telling the potential buyer to consult with the owner for the "expertise" he had on wartime stuff.
Why did I stay with the operation? I needed the job! And sleaziness aside, the man was a bona fide expert on pre 1960 guns, especially the Luger. I learned to appreciate the Colt SAA, the WWI and WWII 1911 and WWII rifles thanks to his sharing of his knowledge of them. The Colt Woodsman was another of his specialties. He actually offered me a couple of Woodsmans (I checked to see if they were Nazi proofed) for next to nothing, but I was not interested. Big mistake! And the biggest curse he inflicted on me was a desire to possess vintage Winchester lever guns. Which I have never been able to afford!
So... when you are fondling that Navy Colt, SAA or Nazi proofed pistol, remember this tale of sleaze.

Was this in Lexington by chance?

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, in Ohio.

THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
yea, I was pretty dissapointed after spending a big chunk of change for a new 938 Combat and receiving only 1 mag. It sucks.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5291 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
My P938 Blackwood came with one mag.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends... I bought a Ruger LC9s pro about two years ago and like the 938 it came with only one mag....

then again the MK-25 I picked up this past Thursday came with 3!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
The ones from my distributor come with one mag.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
One P938 I bought came with 2 mags, one extended and one flush. That was when they first came out. Another I bought a couple of years later only came with the flush mag. All of my traditional Sigs have come with 2-4 mags, depending on the model.

The most recent gun I bought that only came with 1 magazine was a Kimber Stainless TLE/RL. That was a bit disappointing considering the price of the gun, but on the other hand, since it's a 1911, I have plenty of mags that are better than the one it came with anyway.

十人十色

Posts: 2102 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The mags included are listed right on the SIG website. Of the 16 models, there are two only that come with two mags, one 6 and one 7. The remainder all come with either one 6, one 7, or one 10.

Posts: 10770 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:

So it sounds like this guy was a real piece of shit and I hope he’s either out of business or dead. I would call that a bit more than just tricky.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post