SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Will Someone Please Tell Jimmy Kimmel to Shut Up
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Someone Please Tell Jimmy Kimmel to Shut Up Login/Join 
posted
Every one of the new crop of late night "comedians" is a pain in the ass but Kimmel is fast making himself the worst of the bunch. Making multimillions for telling jokes does not make one an expert on health care or gun control. Knock off the societal commentary and start trying to be funny, which, so far, he's not.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I watched some Carson (just channel flipping) but never anybody else. Not even sure who's on. Or why it's interesting. Just seemed like idiot celebs talking to other idiot celeb. Never saw the attraction.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yo Jimmy! Shut up!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Just a thought, Kimmel dated Amy Schumer and was exposed to be working with Chuck in Jimmy's recent health care grandstanding. Schumerizing will fuck you up.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
God. I hope they used adequate birth control. Eek

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I used to like Kimmel back when he did "The Man Show" with Adam Carolla. Since he went "big time" with a network TV show unfortunately he's gone full libtard. Kimmel is drinking Koolaid by the gallon. He's been assimilated by hanging with the likes of Sarah Silverman and Amy Schumer. Shilling for ObummerCAIR is as pathetic as it gets, he's officially shunned in this household.

I don't watch any late night shows anymore as none seem able to be equal-opportunity offenders like they used to be, now it's just full time conservative and Trump bashing. I miss Carson.

Adam Carolla has managed to stay grounded and hasn't bought into any of the libtard BS. About the only shows I keep up with are his and Norm McDonald's (podcast & YouYube). Shows that are actually funny.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My life is much happier since I started going to bed earlier.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
I miss Letterman's opening music. Was my signal to change the channel. Haven't watched any late night shows since Letterman went off the deep end many years ago.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Same here, like 9PM, long before that garbage comes on. I get exposed to it when Fox News shows excerpts, that's enough to gag me.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

And then waking up earlier. Avoid general bullshit this way.

I haven't watched Jimmy Kimmel on TV. I remember him with Adam Carolla from the old days of the Howard Stern show on normal radio, seems like decades ago.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only one I ever watched was Craig Ferguson.
And the last time I saw Letterman, he looked like he just missed the bus back to the home.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
I miss Letterman's opening music. Was my signal to change the channel. Haven't watched any late night shows since Letterman went off the deep end many years ago.

LOL that was my prompt to change the channel also.
Now when the news ends at 11:30pm its time to change to a Perry Mason rerun.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Ben Shapiro does an excellent job pointing out the hypocrisy, lies, and hyperbole in Kimmel's monologue.

I miss the Kimmel who had girls in bikinis on trampolines.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Ok.

Hey Jimmy... SHUT UP!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
I miss Letterman's opening music. Was my signal to change the channel.

That's what I appreciate about that jack-wad Conan. About the most UN-funny moron on TV.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
haven't had a tv for 25 years. this is why. when i'm traveling I don't even bother turning the tv in the room on. at best, a complete waste of time. at worst a complete aggravation. the programming is geared toward the mentally and emotionally challenged.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Vote with your remote. Not hard to understand why he isn't hanging with Adam Carolla anymore.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Vote with your remote.

This is the best way to do it.

If people are complaining, then the network knows they're watching - and that's all they care about.

A ratings decline, however, will get their attention.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I didn’t think anyone was worse than Colbert. Jimmy may be worse at this point and that is a high bar being set.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Late-night hasn't been the same since Johnny and Fernwood 2-Night. At least there are still JC reruns.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post