SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tournament Results
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tournament Results Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So another club rented our facility today to host a pre-Vegas archery tournament. Our daughter and quite a few archers from our team shot in it since Vegas is only 3 weeks away.

Now here's the kicker, no one will know how they placed for 3 weeks. Yep, score cards get turned in and mailed back to the organization's home office to be processed and results will be posted in 3 weeks.

WTF?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Indeed!

Sounds like more bureaucraP taking hold!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Is it a multi venue tournament? I've shot in some of those. they had to tabulate results from sites in different states and some that were on different weekends.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems silly since everyone has a smartphone, internet access and can communicate instantly today.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
That does seem like an inordinate length of time given today's tech. I play a lot of Pickleball and the current online tournament software runs registration, brackets, scheduling based on courts available, and posts results realtime. All this is available via smartphone. It really helps during the event because it also posts the wait list and court assignments.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
No, it's a single venue tournament run by a different organization. When we run a USA Archery format tournament we have on-line scoring that updates throughout the event. Our latest is playing with a mesh network and handhelds at the bales for archers to enter their scores. This provides realtime scoring on-line for everyone to see.

I don't expect that from every tournament and organization. But 3 weeks? Really? Even without electronic scoring is it asking that much for the scoring team to review score cards and have results available at the end of the tournament or even within a couple of days?

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Is it too bold to say their organization, their rules?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Is it too bold to say their organization, their rules?

Nope. Just not meeting expectations.