SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Loud video on the gas pumps
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loud video on the gas pumps Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not only are they annoying, but they compromise your safety!
I like hearing what is going on around me.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Speedway does that around here, started probably fifteen years ago. While not the major reason that I don't use them today it is a contributing factor.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Spray paint. Screen.

Owners may get the message.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Living in a state with high gas prices but no self service does have the bonus of no advertisements at the pumps. I do see them when we travel to Georgia every few month. The BP near my friends house has them.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I just start pushing all the buttons. One of them generally mutes it.

What really torques me is the Murphy stations in New Mexico. they have the option of buying lottery tickets at the pump. I mean really? Why not cigarettes'? Or beer? or pot?

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
God, I hate those damned things. I'm with those who find another station.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the super ability to tune out almost anything. These are NOT an exception.

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 80 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Wow, and I thought having to dismiss the "Do you want a car wash today" screen before I could continue was annoying.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Duct tape

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES YES YES, how annoying when you are subjected to Ads while filling your gas tank. I try to avoid the stations locally that blast ads while filling.
We do have one about 4 miles away that has music playing and it is not at an annoying volume.
I stopped at one that plays ads at high volume.
There was a dodge truck filling up and he jumped in the cab and turned his stereo up and drowned out the ad and then got back out and filled his tank, then went inside for a while. Another time a motorcycle did the same thing. Never heard a bike with a stereo that loud...but it was a harley.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Phillips 66 here. Our vehicle windows have never been so clean.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post