SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Webpages that show you 12 items per page spread out over 200 pages.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Webpages that show you 12 items per page spread out over 200 pages. Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted
FFS this is 2020. Default should really be VIEW ALL on one page, but it damn sure shouldn't be less than 200 items per page. I want to scroll down until I reach the end of the items you're selling, not scroll, then click, scroll, then click, scroll, then click my way through the War and Peace of your effing sales pages. Get it to together, people!

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This is a good one. I agree wholeheartedly!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poor website design has been a pet peeve of mine. If it is to difficult to navigate it loses my business.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said. Well spoken. And I hate the immediate pop-up wanting you to sign up to get spammed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16069 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Or at least provide some sort of useful filtering system to narrow it down.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It is always amazing to see how clueless some businesses are in failing to recognize that every obstacle they put in the way of someone who is trying to find out something about their products reduces the likelihood that they will make a sale.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Good lord...... imagine the patience it took to flip through the Sears catalog now people get irritated if they have to depress their index finger .001 of an inch.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but the Sears catalog pages loaded instantly and you could see everything on the page without having to scroll...and then realize there were 80 more pages of the Exact Same Type Of Item.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
And you could re-purpose the Sears catalog!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The “Yeah, but XYZ was worse” is one of the lamest excuses ever dreamed up. If there’s no reason for a bad feature, there’s no reason for it. To this day I usually find it more convenient, and even faster, to browse through a print catalogue or other publication rather than trying to read it on a web site. But even when it’s not, at one time there were no other options. Today, however, there are other options to poorly designed web sites. There are good sites and usually more than one selling the same products. I’ll put up with a bad site if I have no other option, but when I do, I don’t. Anyone who’s in the business of trying to sell stuff via the Internet should understand that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post