SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Seattle WA and surrounding...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seattle WA and surrounding... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I was thinking of this thread today on the way home on I5N out of Tacoma. Specifically, "left lane Sallies." I was in the second to left lane, there was no car ahead of me for at least a hundred yards, maybe more. The left lane was packed with trucks and utility vehicles all spaced about four lengths apart, all doing under sixty.

Yeah, if you're not passing on the right, you're not getting anywhere around here.

The absolute worse place for left lane cruisers is on I-5 in California between Redding and Sacramento (two lane interstate).

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
It's morphing into California North, only with far more inept drivers. But don't y'all worry; the pending subduction quake will clear all of this trash away, assuming that the rest of us manage to survive.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
quote:
self-absorbed myopic individuals viewing the local region as some sort of later day City on the Hill
Redmond/Bellevue/Kirkland have been my second home for the past ten-plus years. The level of self-absorption is only exceeded by the level of personal entitlement.

I blame the tech industry (of which I am part). So many people making tons of money, who think they're special and super talented... and don't see to realize that they're extraordinarily lucky to have their weird little skills be in such high demand. Go out to dinner, the people on the left of you will be taking about Microsoft confidential information using project code names... the people on the right of you will be talking about some super secret Amazon project using all sorts of project code names.

It makes me want to vomit.

Route 128 around Boston was like this a lifetime ago. I think I enjoyed it at the time. But that is another story entirely.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeterGV:
So many people making tons of money, who think they're special and super talented... and don't see to realize that they're extraordinarily lucky to have their weird little skills be in such high demand.

Spot on and true. They don't realize their only special in this small niche area technically and geographically.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeterGV:
quote:
self-absorbed myopic individuals viewing the local region as some sort of later day City on the Hill
Redmond/Bellevue/Kirkland have been my second home for the past ten-plus years. The level of self-absorption is only exceeded by the level of personal entitlement.

I blame the tech industry (of which I am part). So many people making tons of money, who think they're special and super talented... and don't see to realize that they're extraordinarily lucky to have their weird little skills be in such high demand. Go out to dinner, the people on the left of you will be taking about Microsoft confidential information using project code names... the people on the right of you will be talking about some super secret Amazon project using all sorts of project code names.

It makes me want to vomit.

Route 128 around Boston was like this a lifetime ago. I think I enjoyed it at the time. But that is another story entirely.

As a resident of that Eastside area you mention, I can't argue too much with that, but I will say that I'd much rather have to deal with the entitlement issue than Seattle proper and its many, many sociopolitical issues.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post