SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Seattle WA and surrounding...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seattle WA and surrounding... Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
Been traveling for work and have the following bitches.

(1) People here still drive like fucktards. Go east of the mountains and everyone drives normal. Drop over to west and you have to drive like GTA to get anywhere, with the worst left and middle lane Sallies on the planet

(2) Why do people here feel the need to have cathartic conversations in public. The random 2 having a serious mental health discussion in the coffee shop, the lady doing a teleconference at breakfast which sounds like serious marriage counseling, and the two ladies talking about how they need to limp through to get social security... while eating out at a nice restaurant... and talking about how much they spend on their cats....

(3) I guess it must be the legal weed, but every gas station has a guy acting like this in / around the area.

Oh well, always entertaining and annoying at the same time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Traffic/driving is insane - I'm looking to GTFO and get rural in the next 12 months.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah if I lived in the state it would have to be rural.

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
The PNW is slammed with traffic like I've never seen. It's hard to go anywhere.

The ultra-liberal gov't doesn't like cars, so they spend a bare minimum on traffic investments that would help (more lanes of blacktop, fixing problem spots, etc), preferring to spend billions on light rail that does NOTHING to fix the congestion.

Homes, schools and businesses are so spread out that mass transit isn't very practical for most people.

The real problem is the idiots that keep voting in the liberal dumb-ass politicians, election after election.

It's unbelievable.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the million bums looking for a hand out in downtown during the summer time......the liberals are more than enough to keep me from ever wanting to go back to that place.....Only good thing I found were the crabs!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Is that a Taser in your hand? lol

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Can't argue with any of that. If anything, you caught the town on a good day.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It ain't the legal weed making them act like that, it's the illegal meth and opiates. The guy in the black Explorer out back gets more traffic than the recreational weed place across the street or the medical weed place next door. But yeah, this is tweaker central, and it wasn't when we moved here seven years ago. Between the traffic, the homeless, and the liberal nutflakes perpetually in charge, yeah I want to leave.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Been traveling for work and have the following bitches.

(1) People here still drive like fucktards.

That's funny. Left lane drivers- Lane Maintenance and they'll flash their high beams if you pass them on the right.

In general I think there's something in the water.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Being a born and raised Washingtonian, I gave up many years ago on ever moving back there.

Don't tell me about most of the drivers there.. fucking pussy-whipped grannies puttering along. Mad

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I forgot the tweakers walking around at all hours of the night.

I enjoy the visit usually, especially when I can break free to Rainier / Glacier / St Helens or just roll out to the coast, but this time I didn't have the time for that, aside from some time Steilacoom for a couple hours when it was pretty (but of course that was where I heard the two having the in depth mental health talk, which seemed strained and uncomfortable between them, but it had to last 30 minutes).

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
(1) People here still drive like fucktards.

That's funny. Left lane drivers- Lane Maintenance and they'll flash their high beams if you pass them on the right.

if you don't pass on the right you'll never get anywhere - hence the "drive like Grand Theft Auto" comment, as I'll scrape by them on the right lanes with zero hesitation or fucks given to their sensitive feelings.

I'd give them the finger but I'm usually long gone by the time they realize I've smoked checked them.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... welcome to the everGreen state, an MJ reference is there ever was one ready made.

I drive Kirkland to Olympia on a regular basis. 70 miles each way. At least one idiot for every mile.

A lot of lane swervers are now in evidence ... actually a lot more in the last few months feel the need to grace I-5 with their texting idiocy.

It rains here reasonably frequent enough that one would think that PNW drivers are the best when it comes to wet roads.

Nope.

Many are transplants from San Fran - they get a big house on a big lot for a quarter of their million dollar soapbox SF mortgage; they have no clue on home ownership or up keep. Local handyman are inundated for work and even with opcode pricing, many home owners don't even quibble or try to bargain.

And then we have a State that has been free from tax increases for the past 4 years. The recent wave of tax increase suggestions leave one breathless.

A state income tax discussion has come up yet again. This the wet dream of the Dems here.

Really getting pissed off, living on this island of red reality in an ocean of blue diarrhea.

But then for those visiting, we have so many attractions, food, events and such, that it does appear that our 'grass' is indeed, greener.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
<snip>
fucking pussy-whipped grannies puttering along.

... who have learned that peering at the little magic screen and thumbing away on the little keyboards, they can communicate with anyone, anytime, even while in motion ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! We have jackets.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
... welcome to the everGreen state, an MJ reference is there ever was one ready made.

A state income tax discussion has come up yet again. This the wet dream of the Dems here.

Really getting pissed off, living on this island of red reality in an ocean of blue diarrhea.

But then for those visiting, we have so many attractions, food, events and such, that it does appear that our 'grass' is indeed, greener.

Wait till the revenues from marijuana taxes start hitting the books. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like it has not changed very much since I was at FT. Lewis many years ago. Except they called the freaks HIPPIES.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
I'm moving. I'm sick of it.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When my wife retires, we're moving. We have no roots here, and would like to live near our families. Most of my family lives in California, so that is ruled out as a destination. Most of my wife's family lives in the Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee area, so we'll probably head Southeast from here.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Stop blaming the drugs - they're everywhere yet folks drive pseudo-normally and don't succor the criminal homeless.

It's the fucking liberals electing terrible governors (King County, WA gives Crook County, IL a run for it's money RE: corruption), and a communist city council with a preeevert for a mayor.

Add in all the H-1B visa holders working for BIG TECH (MSFT, AMZN, Starbucks, COSTO, etc.) here drive like were in India, China and Russia combined.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post