SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    $470.00 shopping cart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$470.00 shopping cart Login/Join 
posted
I got there late but someone shopped at WalMart
loaded $470.00 worth of groceries on the check out belt and then
THEN!
figured out that she did not have her wallet.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Ouch.

Hopefully it was just in the car.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got there late but someone shopped at WalMart
loaded $470.00 worth of groceries on the check out belt and then
THEN!
figured out that she did not have her wallet.

Damn she was making some serious groceries. I am curious as to what products she was hoping to purchase. You know you could have put them on your EBT card for her.LOL

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
had situations like that when I was in the business where they were shoplifters,
got spooked or were being watched and knew it,
they would get to the check out lane and suddenly realize the wallet was in the car,,,

never came back

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that uncommon at the first of the month. Welfare cards load in a staggered order here and nobody is smart enough to check funds before having a belt full of items. For a gov't cheese shopper when I worked retail, $500 was probably the low end of the average. People would buy all month's groceries in one trip and spend $4-800 at a time. Like they were afraid if they bought weekly there wouldn't be any "free money" left at the end of the month.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I once fit somewhere around $2500 into a shopping cart and didn't pay for it. Wink

I don't remember the exact total, but it was when I worked Loss Prevention for Walmart - we would get the members of LP together and Market Loss Prevention would have us go into a store to check controls by trying to steal. someone would try to access the cash office. someone would pose as a vendor and see if they could take merch out the back door. we would test the doors by filling carts and attempting to walk out. we'd test response time to fire exits being opened - stuff like that.

I filled this cart with every new-release DVD and Bluray off their new release endcap. I took all their bluray players. I took all the OtterBox phone cases I could, a couple home-security-in-a-box systems, and then random other high-dollar tool sets and a heated couch cover along with some other smaller high-dollar things.

successfully wheeled it out Garden doors. my Market boss at the time was both impressed and more than a bit concerned. Big Grin

here's the picture of the cart. we had 5 LPs that day and stole $10,100 worth of merch in 50 minutes. that store failed the check in just about every way...

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha that would be an awesome job.... testing loss prevention at different stores.... legally stealing shit to see if you could get away with it...

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
< snip>

It was due to your choice of the Nutri Ninja.

It made everything in the cart Ninja by contact.

And everything Ninja is inherently invisible.

Just like attaching the word "tactical" means it was used by DEVGRU to kill Osama bin Leaded.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Doesnt' y'all mart have electronic alarms at the doors?

Most electronics, cd's bloorays etc have those tags internally that have to be swiped.

How'd you get past those without setting off the alarms I can get something scanned at Lowes and it still sets the damn things off...

Posts: 23386 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stealing the security system... now, that's funny. Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Doesnt' y'all mart have electronic alarms at the doors?

Most electronics, cd's bloorays etc have those tags internally that have to be swiped.

How'd you get past those without setting off the alarms I can get something scanned at Lowes and it still sets the damn things off...

That was one of the tests - the greeter was absent, we realized none of the EAS (door sensors) in that store worked, and no one in the store was paying attention to a dude in a hoodie and beanie loading up a cart on the most expensive stuff there. I actually loaded up all the Bluray players right across from an associate in electronics -but she was helping another customer, and so focused on him that she didn't say hi or even look at me.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe a shop lifter would have all the groceries bagged up at the check out and then decide to "sneak" out.

but then I don't shop lift

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I can't believe a shop lifter would have all the groceries bagged up at the check out and then decide to "sneak" out.

but then I don't shop lift

had a guy park a shopping cart late night on a slow aisle, out of view to the avg person,

he then took a handbasket and walked the store,

return to his cart and bag the stuff from the handbasket into reuseable bags,

repeat until his list was done and then just walked out the far door,

most folks in the store won't stop anyone anymore, too much risk,
lp is spread thin, and often in retail, lazy or scared of confrontation,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post