SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People Getting Ready to Leave - And Taking Forever
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People Getting Ready to Leave - And Taking Forever Login/Join 
Back in Black
posted
Drives me crazy. The running around back and forth a hundred times. Saying bye over and over. Talking to themselves, asking if the have everything. If you are going to leave, just do it quickly and quietly and leave me out of it. There are many variations. My family leaving to go shopping, people leaving parties, kids going to bed. The worst ever was my nephew crying on the floor for over an hour that he didn’t want to leave my parents house over the holidays while my sister said goodbye to my mother for that entire time. Pointless too, because he ended up staying. Just awful.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I grew up in a family that did this at my Grandparents house. It would usually take an hour for someone to leave.

It didn't bother me at the time, but obviously had an impact on me, as we leave quickly and directly.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
From about age 1 onward, we told our grandkids - if you make a fuss your parents will not bring you back (or we will not come back). They listened and we really have minimal drama when they leave (or when we leave).

But we do get a message that there were some long faces and a few tears because they did enjoy their stay (or they were sad to see us go).

Unfortunately, they are about 6 hours away so we don't get to see them as often as we'd like.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Oh. My. Gawd.

You've met my wife?

Wife: "Well, we should go. You ready, Honey?"

Me: 1/2 hour later, sitting in the truck, fuming...

But, God forbid SHE should sit in the truck/car for more than 10 seconds...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
My MIL does this shit constantly. God forbid you say anything to her and hurt her feelings. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Oh. My. Gawd.

You've met my wife?

Wife: "Well, we should go. You ready, Honey?"

Me: 1/2 hour later, sitting in the truck, fuming...

But, God forbid SHE should sit in the truck/car for more than 10 seconds...

I know a few women who take 2-3 minutes to gather their shit to get out of the car after a 15 minute drive.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only the poorly planned and organized departure, but getting 10 miles down the road and hearing:
"Ooops, I forgot something! We need to go back"!
Divorced now. Happy.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me: Are you ready to go?
Wife: 5 minutes
Me: [sit down, turn on TV, get comfortable - it's gonna be a while]

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My wife comes from a very large family of siblings and cousins. When it's 'time to go', she feels it necessary to say a long goodbye with a hug and kiss to each one, plus their spouses and their children. This after she's spent several hours with them already.

I don't get up from sitting until she's done, maybe an hour later if I'm lucky. We're over 100 miles from her family (at least those in metro Phoenix) now, which is still to close.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
When i get up and say, "well, good to see y'all" and start heading for the door my family knows that when i get to the truck and crank, i'm 6 seconds from leaving their ass wherever we are. Screw that noise of long drawn out horseshit

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
God bless her, but my wife drives me crazy when we go anywhere. We can't even go grocery shopping without her making a big project out of getting ready. She also has to go down every aisle at the store and look at everything. I've offered to do all of shopping, all she has to do is make a list, but no, she enjoys going. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
These people will no doubt be late for their own funerals.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
God bless her, but my wife drives me crazy when we go anywhere. We can't even go grocery shopping without her making a big project out of getting ready. She also has to go down every aisle at the store and look at everything. I've offered to do all of shopping, all she has to do is make a list, but no, she enjoys going. Frown

Jim

That's Mrs. PHPaul at WalMart. God Bless the genius that put a Dunkin' Donuts in WalMart. I wave goodbye while I'm sippin' my hazelnut latte' and readin' the paper...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
This is one of the reasons beer and smart phones were invented.

I just grab a beer and read Sig Forum until they are literally opening the door to leave.....cuts down on the stress

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate the calls and texts. I get it with my kids, they each live over a hundred miles away, so a text that you have arrived safely is appreciated. But a text when they live 4 miles away? Kinda ridiculous. As far as the long goodbyes, that's when I take my pre-drive nap.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Don't get me started, my wife's family they have to hug and kiss each other for 20 freakin minutes and we just saw them earlier in the day so much drama like they are our long lost family members.

hand them a birthday card and they start crying omg!!!

My family, See ya! bam the door shuts, wife say's aren't you going to hug and kiss them? nope they know I love them.

without a doubt our family does care about each other while on her side her sister does her best to cause shit between family member every chance she gets.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
You're in a crowded parking lot looking for a space. Finally a person approaches her car (yes usually a woman). Great, you wait for her to start her car and back out. She knows you're waiting but proceeds to reorganize her purse, checks out her makeup, fiddles with stuff in the glove box, pulls out her phone and starts a conversation that goes on and on.

Finally out of frustration you give up and go to search out somewhere else. That's usually about the time you see her pulling out and another car just arriving slides into the space you just wasted 5 minutes or more to get.

And gas stations that have a minimart attached. The person already gassed up but instead of moving his car to free up a pump he's casually ordering food, using the rest room, etc. Just another example of how the growing lack of consideration for others plays out in small but aggravating ways.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget the check the curling iron, oven and stove ‘twice’ before you leave. They may have not been used but it’s good to check to make sure that are not on...

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Once, a member said that when he and his wife would get ready to go somewhere, he'd get ready, go tell his wife he was ready, and then he would go take a nap. I can't recall who said it, but there's a man who has- at least to some degree- mastered the art of matrimony.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have a BIL that left his wife at another sister's Thanksgiving gathering. He went home and had to go back to get her a couple of hours later.

I don't think it helped anything but I still think is kind of funny.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post