SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gahh...I hope it ONLY comes in threes.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gahh...I hope it ONLY comes in threes. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Getting the North 6/12 slope of my roof reshingled. Not like it owes me anything, the existing shingles are 40+ years old. One of Dale The Builder's crew is doing it on the side.

No big surprises on the roof itself, but the chimney needs to be topped out and re-flashed. Fortunately, I know a guy...

The Cabota has been having starting issues. Thought I'd figured it out as a wonky key switch, but now the damn thing won't start at all and there's no fuel when I crack an injector line at the pump. Hoping it's a bad fuel shutoff solenoid. I pulled it and it works okay in free air but sounds wimpy when bolted to the pump.

That pretty much exhausts my knowledge of diesel fuel systems so I guess I get to winch it up on the trailer and drag it to the dealer next week. THAT's gonna put a dent in the toy fund.

Just to prove the Universe is paying attention, something got tangled up in my fence and pulled a bunch of it down. Deer, probably. At any rate, that's gonna shoot a couple of Benjamins as I'm replacing it with chain link. The old page wire on cedar fence posts was well past it's life span anyway.

I guess the silver lining is that A) I have enough in the emergency fund to cover it, and B) the weather is cooling down so I can get it done without dying of heatstroke.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I can't complain.

My Husqvarna went from a zero turn to a zero movement in the front yard. Spent a few weeks trying to order a hydraulic pump tensioner assembly. Nine different vendors had it 'in stock' until I ordered it from them. I had to make my own and figure out a way to mount it in such a way that it would work.

I was able to sell enough junk on the internet to pay for the parts and had enough left over for a P226.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess I could add that I fixed my back up camera on my 2004 Dodge truck today.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to want an extra P226. Wink

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul,
My year started off like yours is going now.
It was my zero turn diesel Bad Boy that the fuel shut off solenoid went out in. $235 just for the part. $660 with hyd fluid change.
Then the computer. $130. Then the Xbox locked up. Still locked up. Then the Goldwing Rear brake cylinder, needed bled. Then the ATV started back firing and running rough.
I know I am forgetting something! Oh, yeah the water softner leaked. Then after the guy fixed it, he forgot to plug it back in, so no soft water for a couple weeks. Then I got a leak where the water line went into the Fridge for the ice maker. Had to take that off.

I hope things work out for you. How do you winch your tractor onto a trailer if you FEL bucket is down?
At least my Kubota only has 8 hours on it, so I should be good there.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:

I hope things work out for you. How do you winch your tractor onto a trailer if you FEL bucket is down?
At least my Kubota only has 8 hours on it, so I should be good there.

Fortunately, the hydraulic pump is direct drive, so the starter was able to spin it enough to get the loader arms up in the air a ways.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And why does stuff always have to happen on weekends. Couple of years ago I was expecting five or six guests from Southern California to come visit us over the Fourth of July weekend and Friday night my septic tank backs up. So I was at least lucky enough to find a guy to come out but he charged me double to pump it out because it was on a holiday weekend.
Last week on a Friday night I was standing in the shower waiting for the water to warm up which is unusual because we have a recirculation pump on top of the water heater, and it was just getting colder and colder. So I get dressed again and go out to the equipment room and find that water heater is gushing water all over the floor. It was a Friday night about 9:30 PM so I put in a call to my plumber and had to use his on-call emergency guy; time and 1/2
for labor. I know that things come in threes so I'm wondering now what's gonna be next. Air conditioner, refrigerator, washer or dryer?

Buy American-MAGA

Posts: 26 | Registered: September 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post