SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If I hear the term "new normal" again....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I hear the term "new normal" again.... Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Tired of all of this. We go to town once or twice a week and every time I see someone with a face mask as well as gloves and a FACE SHIELD I want to punch them. I'm sure they could be at risk with other issues but they are , to me, the face of this idiocy.

Found out that a wonderful little Mexican cafe I frequent may not open back up. Killed by the quarantine BS.

The Commies surely put one over on us. And now the libtards are learning just what they can get away with in the name of public health.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The proper response to the 'new normal' is perhaps "No fate but what we make?" The new normal isn't a new norm unless we make it to be one. We can choose not to.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In these unprecedented times.......

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'm tired of a lot of things today. TV news reports "today's deaths" and a sudden spike in numbers. Well, how that happens later on in the telecast is "This includes deaths previously attributed to other causes but upon review it was determined to have been caused by Covid-19. Ok, all and good. But INSTEAD of taking a death that occurred on April 1st and now including it in TODAY'S May 2nd figure skews the numbers and now makes May 2nd's toll artificially high.

The "correct" way would be to take those reclassified deaths, make a new category of "previously reported as due to other causes" thereby giving us a true figure of what is going on, numbers either rising and falling on a day to day basis. But with artificially high numbers it makes it easier to scare the populace.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shovelhead, consider yourself lucky. The local news up here is now (since there is very little real news in the Yoop normally) 95% blather about the damn virus. Including the numbers that have unceasingly increased overnight. The entire news segment in virus related and all BS.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget “Stay home, stay safe”. That’s worth a throat punch and a kick in the nuts.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
"STFU, KAREN!!!!"

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
'We're all in this together'

Fuck me sideways. Get on with your lives and let me live my own.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
"STFU, KAREN!!!!"

Razz Amen... I would feel so much better Big Grin after I watched a “Karen” quickly exit the deli at Publix today when she realized another lady didn’t have a mask or purple latex gloves...I’m sure she headed straight to the costumer survive desk Roll Eyes

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
But I would probably feel better smacking this asshole...what is a good name for a male version of a “Karen”?...
I can see the TV commercials later...”If you were on the beach in Walton County in April and you have been diagnosed with Coronavirus...you may be due compensation...before time runs out call 1-800-batstewflu to claim your settlement.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's taken tooth brush and tooth paste makers over one hundred years to design their products and get it right. Every year they say it's " New ! and Improved !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
But I would probably feel better smacking this asshole...what is a good name for a male version of a “Karen”?...

"Kyle"
And you know what? Fuck Kyle.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add “Systemic” To the list

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
"Out of an abundance of caution..."

Fuck you and your abundance of caution, grow a set, take some risks and allow people to experience life again.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

"Kyle"
And you know what? Fuck Kyle.

No, I've got a cousin Kyle who does all kinds of cool shit. I'm going to go with Ethan. In honor of the twat waffle of a mayor for the City of Anchorage. And you know what?? Fuck Ethan.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Every time I see a post on Facebook talking cheerfully about the “new normal”, I reply with this:

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
what is a good name for a male version of a “Karen”?...

Chad. That's the moniker of the doofus making the rounds on memes with Karen. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Kurt Schlichter has a unicorn named “Chet”.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post