SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    TGI Fridays: Winchester, VA (terrible)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TGI Fridays: Winchester, VA (terrible) Login/Join 
Picture of Speedbird
posted
I only went because that's where she wanted to go...

Terrible (I won't go into the details, but avoid at all costs)

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These still exist? They closed down the one in our town. Got replaced by a Miller's Ale House

Posts: 258 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Winchester has a plethora of better options. :-) Understand your predicament!

As an aside, living in Berryville, I after living here over 20 years, ate in Charles Town, WV.

Instead of our normal 6-8$ in food taxes from Winchester, paid 96 CENTS on same meal....

Yeah, Va and our food / city taxes are ridiculous.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Just another chain reheating frozen food and charging an exorbitant amount for it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Just another chain reheating frozen food and charging an exorbitant amount for it.

This.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbird:
I only went because that's where she wanted to go...

Did the experience change her mind into not wanting to go again?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Didn't know of any were around either.
It wasn't bad back in the eighties .

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We still have one at the Greenwood Park Mall. In Greenwood, IN on the Southside of Indianapolis. One of the Granddaughters always seem to want to go there on her birthday. Expensive but it hasn't been terrible.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I went to TGI Fridays.

Once.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
They have one in Sam's Town in Lost Wages that's actually pretty good.

One of the best club house sandwiches I've ever had.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Friday’s used to be good. Lots of fond memories. My first real date took the young lady to Friday’s before a movie.
Their Jack Daniels Chicken Strips were awesome.

Though they went down hill big time. Ours have all been closed for years and rightfully so. I have this picture saved of the last time I ever went. My buddy ordered a lunch club with fries, minus the ketchup this is how it came to the table.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

Bingo. I have no idea why anyone goes to chain restaurants like that, when in a town big enough to have chain restaurants there are bound to be any number of local joints with better, fresher food for less money.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I remember being super excited to go to the TGIF on Federal Highway in Ft. Lauderdale.

I thought that potato skins with bacon and cheddar cheese and sour cream on them was the greatest invention of modern times.

It was 1978.

Dont think Ive been back since.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Find a Tilted Kilt, nuff said.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Olive Garden in Winchester equally bad. Several good restaurants in Berkeley Springs if you're in the area. Added benefit is that you're out of VA.

I wonder if there's another State that went down the toilet as fast as Virginia? I used to be proud living here. Hard to believe.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
People can get get a burger anywhere. They go to TGI Fridays for the atmosphere and the attitude! Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I have a had bad reaction to the food whenever I go to one. Within 20 minutes. I quit going to that hole the second time it happened. Learned my lesson. Really bad food.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
One step above gas station food......not travel plaza food mind you...a 7/11.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the eighties I took a girl there one of my first real dates. I thought they were all closed years ago.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
People can get get a burger anywhere. They go to TGI Fridays for the atmosphere and the attitude! Big Grin

You need more "Pieces of Flair"

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post